• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

auto-fire for pistols

Murphy

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
liandri.darkbb.com
Hi,
clicking the mouse as fast as possible with the 9mm isn't convenient enough for my lazy ***. I'd like to be able to just hold down the fire button and have the game do the rest for me.
To not break game-balance and to make it still desirable to click at your own speed, this auto-fire should be a lot slower than an average person could fire if they put medium effort into it.
Maybe have the same speed for auto-fire as in the mod.

That way people like me can trade efficiency for convenience. It could also be an option to tick in the menu, whether you want auto-fire or not. Turning auto-fire on would mean holding fire would auto-fire but rapid clicking for rapid firing would still be possible. Turning off auto-fire would mean only click-to-fire would be active.

Does anyone else feel that way? Or am I alone in my click-laziness?:)

I for one think it's a good idea, even though I'm probably not going to use it myself.
It's not like it makes THAT MUCH difference on the gameplay, and it's not exactly an advantage since fast clicking would work much faster. It's just for the lazy/tired (late at night you can really get sick of the clicking).

But yes, it would kill a little bit of realizm that (for SOME reason) people want (in a zombie killing game -.-).

Upvote 0
Don't think people quite get the idea that auto fire would be slower than actually clicking and associate 'auto' with 'automatic weapon'. The auto fire idea is a pretty good idea, considering when there's groups of clots lumbering towards you, you don't feel pumped to click furiously. Just let them amble into your slow steady stream of bullets.

Possibly chuck the Glock in game if people want 'auto' fire, burst is always fun, like in CSS.

Upvote 0
It wouldn't kill ANY realism whatsoever...
It doesn't matter that KF has zombies anyways, that it's just a game or that it should be all about fun. No excuse for the feature is needed! It does not change anything about the ingame realism at all.

You aren't holding a pistol, you are holding a mouse. You aren't pulling a trigger, you are using an input-device to control a gamecharacter to get him to pull the trigger for you. Whether you do that by individually clicking for every shot or by holding down the mouse to tell him you want him to keep shooting as long as you hold it doesn't change anything about the realism of the ingame universe.
Comparing that with changing damage values is just silly, I'm sorry.

Stray got it right.:)

Upvote 0