• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Really, what is the point?

90% of the time in ro when you kill somone even if gore was off you would never notice the difference.

Ok whats the point of gore in war movies. If you want to accurately capture the brutality of war in a movie or game such as ro well gore is a necessity. Also like sic said alot of its to do with immersion and btw you do notice the difference my full gore was off by a mistake the first time i played ro, when i put it on full gore i noticed the difference straight away.

Upvote 0
Reduction of gore effects depends, as I think, on how the USK jugdes about RO:HoS overall.
I really can imagine that the fact that HoS will feature a Wehrmacht singleplayer campaign already could be enough to rate HoS USK-18 - what is comparable to a "M" rating in the US -, which would make cuts concerning blood and gore effects rather use-/senseless.
So, it could be possible that we will get hands on an uncensored version of the next Red Orchestra.
Another scenario I could imagine: Two different versions of HoS, one rated USK-16 (reduced effects) and one rated USK-18 (full effects), like it has been done with games like "Command&Conquer 3". But this also depends on the publisher, not only the developer.

However, I think TWI will try to avoid cutting their own game as far as it is possible for them.

Upvote 0
What if a kid went on a killing spree and it was discovered his favorite games were Sims 3 and Peggle? Why is the fact that someone is playing a certain game truly matter that much? What is with these old people who never grew up with games trying to impose their stupid, clueless wills upon them? :mad: Why isn't this a vote of the German people, anyway? They're the ones who buy the games!

Upvote 0
old news guys..we allready had a discussion about the "petiton" in place. Why the outcry about cutting games ? If your not braindead you import the game or get it gifted from a source outside of germany over steam. They basic conclusion is that, they cant get you from buying titels without a rateing. As for the present law itself...its beyond redicilous and even in austria its not that strict at all. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
old news guys..we allready had a discussion about the "petiton" in place. Why the outcry about cutting games ? If your not braindead you import the game or get it gifted from a source outside of germany over steam. They basic conclusion is that, they cant get you from buying titels without a rateing. As for the present law itself...its beyond redicilous and even in austria its not that strict at all. :rolleyes:

The issue is that the steam model changed in ro. Meaning if you buy ROHOS outside of germany and play it from a german ip you still get cut.

Upvote 0
The gore thing, I knew yet that such a discussion would be raging the forums and affecting most users here. So I thought I should answer the call of gore.

Let's look back at the times of the mod, was there any further violence than you shot someone and a bit of blood spilt. Or the blood at walls when you shot someone close enough to it.

Be honest was anyone missing gore (limbs off, "total tomato soup") back then?

Now we got Ostfront which has some good gore except the German one.
I can support Blacklabel with his statement that he never missed it.
But some who managed to get the US Version, you can watch them (still) jerking each other off when looking at a dismembered body. Mad people!:eek:

Now concerning the thing: "I want the whole game!"
I can understand that. Just look at Call of Duty 5 where the censorship raged like a fire, just to give you an impression, I'll name some few:

• Removing of the swastika and SS runes
  • Removing the Wehrmacht eagles on some and the Imperial Germany's "black-white-red" insignia on all helmets and officers' caps
  • Changing the letters on the supply crates from "Property of the Wehrmacht" to "property of the German Army"
  • Changing the intro movies to each mission, dead bodies, executions, Hirohito and Hitler completely cut out
  • Changing "40,000 Wehrmacht soldiers" into "40,000 German soldiers"
  • Removing any wording like "fascist, nazi, evil of the Fascist Reich"
  • Removing any of the Red Army's executions of German soldiers ingame
  • No Nazi Zombies

And now the real bad and annoying thing is that the German Version costs as much as the US Version which is here 50€, the consoles went even worse how the hell it can be that the German XboX version is about 70€???

If the game is cut then it should cost less in my eyes cause when you fuel your car and you only go for half you don't have to pay for a "full fuel", do ya?

If other German speaking people want to inform a bit more about how insane some games where censored go for www.schnittberichte.com

Last edited:
Upvote 0