• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Wiki needs help!

I was thinking the same as Nanostrike, where in the world did whoever put that there find that?

It almost seems more like fan fiction to me :S.

Well, that's the thing: As far as I know, when the mod was in full swing, the developers came up with a TON of backstory on everything. Each specimen had a story behind it, a reason for it's creation, a specific role in combat, purpose behind it's appearance. And, of course, each had a reason that it was considered a "failure".

For example, the Stalker was made female and largely unclothed, save for some weights (It looks like duct tape, though!) so she would have the perfect weight balance to be silent at a running pace. However, the Stalker was ultimately a failure because they would constantly talk and mutter to themselves and to their "prey" as they stalked.

It also gave the Patriarch a LOT of backstory. If I recall correctly, he was known as "The mad scientist" for quite a while. He had a LOT of family problems (His son dying and his wife trying to leave him, I remember off the top of my head...). He also became obsessive about his work and such, slowly losing his mind.

I really wish I could remember where I read all of this stuff, because it really added a lot of atmosphere to the game beyond the "Its a monster, shoot it!" stuff.

Whoever popped that stuff into the Wiki, if you know where that info is, I'd appreciate a link to it! Or if any Tripwire guys happen to have any backstory stuff...

Upvote 0