• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Gladiator_Beta3 !!!

Basic_Infantry

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
Myerstown, PA
Fixed pathing issues, helicopter now burning, decided to modify and keep "fort"...no sand bags and other tweaks! Not real easy to camp any more.

Link:
[url]http://files.filefront.com/KF+Gladiator+Beta37z/;13924746;/fileinfo.html[/URL]

Screen:

PreviewGladiator.jpg

Okay the map is NOT supposed to be historically accurate to anything. It's meant to be a place to play and have fun :) I post it here so that others can frag and hopefully get enjoyment.

The little "fort" in the middle is not meant to be a place for players to gather and camp without consequence, LOL It's there to house some goodies while adding danger to the player if they stay there too long. The sand bags dissappeared due to numerous posts about it being too easy to jump inside using them! The fort is still there until I figure out something to replace it with that will draw victims below to their deaths..... it has been tweaked to make it a little harder to stay in and you can no longer jump out over the wall (door is only way in and out) and the door now breaks a little easier and is damaged by small arms fire! If someone doesn't like the fact it's there and cannot stand it, please feel free to not play the map. There are other's I know are more enjoyable. This is only my 3rd map ever made. I don't have the skills that alot of others making maps do and am working on that, LOL seriously look at may first map KF-Walkways and you'll see I'm improving things.

Be patient. If it's not to your liking my feelings won't be hurt if you don't play it until it's exactly the way you want it :p Seriously it's there to have fun!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can see your point. Also the map is great and you are an excellent mapper, in my humble opinion one of the best.
Noobs or not, everyone that plays kf have their favorites and your Gladiator is a top 10 in my clan server for both ranks. Also is one of the favorites in 3 other kf servers that I admin. Seems like a big winner for me.

Upvote 0
I can see your point. Also the map is great and you are an excellent mapper, in my humble opinion one of the best.
Noobs or not, everyone that plays kf have their favorites and your Gladiator is a top 10 in my clan server for both ranks. Also is one of the favorites in 3 other kf servers that I admin. Seems like a big winner for me.

Thanks for the boost, LOL I'm currently working on an Airfield map :) Got tower and hangars built, having a hard time getting any airplane static meshes for it so as for now it will have helicopters :cool:

Upvote 0