• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mob Idea: The Shapeshifter

Yeah, the point about AI behaviour is unfortunately true. Human players tend to bunny hop, or walk in zigzags, or a variety of other nuanced things which AI controlled enemies just wouldn't be able to reproduce properly.

It'd probably be pretty obvious who Mr.Shapeshifter was. Oh, that and the fact that he'd be coming at you with a wall of clot friends, and they were mysteriously not attacking him :rolleyes:

It's a really sweet idea, all the same.

Upvote 0
Yeah, the point about AI behaviour is unfortunately true. Human players tend to bunny hop, or walk in zigzags, or a variety of other nuanced things which AI controlled enemies just wouldn't be able to reproduce properly.

It'd probably be pretty obvious who Mr.Shapeshifter was. Oh, that and the fact that he'd be coming at you with a wall of clot friends, and they were mysteriously not attacking him :rolleyes:

It's a really sweet idea, all the same.

Bugger. Way to go to kill the thread. Just for that when I win the lotto I am going to give you a 20 seat Source licence so you can make it so.

Upvote 0
Shapeshifter is cool but id rather it be a ZED not a HUMAN-ZED

Take in account a scientists group made these :/ each one somewhat had a backstory in the original, Crawler being the only succesfull ZED (even stalker isnt :/ b***h still isnt completely you can see reflections and glimpses but you all know that) and each had its function in war and life, somewhat atleast :/ They could help each other out, so if patriach was the last one that made it and would have to have the power the shapeshifter had, it would be able to transform into a player shapeshift since the patriach has almost 75% of every ZED? it would be a clueless massacre
Soo a shapeshifting patriach = hell :D

but a shapeshifter :/ hmmm

Maybe not, But a soldier ZED? :/ Wasnt there soldier ZEDS in the orgininal before 2.5? bring it back lol (some that have armor xD)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They said they will never make any more new mobs.

Ever.

Ever ever.

Ever ever ever.

So I hope you know how to skin/code/model.
The people have been complaining that it can't act like a real player, I feel that it would be confusing enough to fulfill it's purpose. Most people would see it, and turn their attention back to specimens and start blasting away. It might get a hit or two, or people might instantly realize it's a specimen (due to know the location of the team) and blast it away.

But that's perfectly fine. Stalkers often get caught in the crossfire, and this critter doesn't need to be Fleshpound threatening in terms of violitility.

Upvote 0