• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"Unique" Medic Weapon

I don't like the idea of simply adding some buff when we heal someone. Imho there simply should be more we can "do" when fighting specimes and noone needs medical attention right now.

Something to prevent teammates from getting hurt, for example.

A netgun, a stunbatton, a taser.

And then give medics a substantial bonus on range, reload or duration on those weapons.

Upvote 0
What about adding a Taser that stuns enemies for 2-3 seconds or so?
I know I'd use that as medic to Stun some of the higher level mobs going for my teammates.

Once playing with Lvl4+ people, using "normal" weapons as medic is often a waste and only running around withthe Syringe is boring, too :p
Don't tase me bro! Lol sounds pretty sweet.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if a taser would cut it to make the medic stand out. When I think of a medic in a team based game, I think of the guy who's there to always have your back when you're fighting the opponents. As it stands right now, the only real reason to take medic is because of the ginormous run speed/body armor bonuses. I think the run speed bonus is in place to allow the medic to keep up with the other classes and compensate for the syringe hit box. While this was a good intention, I think the hitbox problem should be fixed and the run speed reduced because all I ever see medics do is run around kiting mobs with a shotgun, bullpup, or dual pistols and neglect their team.

Upvote 0
I don't personally mind the vest bonuses, they fit to medic but the run speed is enormous and u can run faster than any of the specimens in the game, including Patriarch. Run speed needs to be decreased, also stamina would be nicer to have. Maybe higher lvld medics absorbs less stamina than other perks.

I still stand with the opinion that the current "Field medic" is not a medic. Every perk is a "medic", since they have syringes of their own and everyone heals themselves.

Upvote 0
I don't personally mind the vest bonuses, they fit to medic but the run speed is enormous and u can run faster than any of the specimens in the game, including Patriarch. Run speed needs to be decreased, also stamina would be nicer to have. Maybe higher lvld medics absorbs less stamina than other perks.

I still stand with the opinion that the current "Field medic" is not a medic. Every perk is a "medic", since they have syringes of their own and everyone heals themselves.

A true medic class is one that benefits most from buffing their teammates and making sure people don't die. Honestly, I think the Valve guys did the best medic in any FPS I've ever played with their interpretation in TF2. I'm not saying "let's make the syringe gun a laser beam that boosts health", but what I am saying is "Make the medics feel inclined to heal their teammates rather than run around like idiots that don't die."

I don't mind the armor bonus as much as the run speed, but personally I think the armor bonus should be a berserker perk since they're the ones constantly throwing themselves in harms way. Berserkers get a baseline damage reduction anyway, so tacking on an armor bonus could make them too tank-y too. Personally I think medics can just tank too good, better than a berserker since they can self medicate up to 50 health in one jab in suicidal at rank 5.

The run speed is really the issue though. I can't tell you how many times I've been on a team, thought to myself "cool, we have a medic or two," only to have them pass me up and run away when I'm spamming for a medic after tanking 5-7 gorefasts/crawlers/scrakes for them. There really needs to be more incentive for medics to be team players rather than the proverbial onion peeler (run away, take potshots at the outer layer of zombies).

Upvote 0
Why not just increase the time it takes for medigun recharge for non-medics and increase the medics gun recharge rate even more?

What is the default recharge like 5 seconds for non medics? I think it need to be more like 1 minute or even 2 that way you can't keep self medicating, but are not reliant on medics completely either. And healing others still only takes 50%

Then adjust the medic perk to 50%, 100%, 150%, 200%, 300% recharge time if only a minute and 100, 200, 300, 400, 500% if 2 mins. That way medics are much more important, but not essential until upper levels.

Oh and fix the medigun "hit box" and range...

Upvote 0
Why not just increase the time it takes for medigun recharge for non-medics and increase the medics gun recharge rate even more?

What is the default recharge like 5 seconds for non medics? I think it need to be more like 1 minute or even 2 that way you can't keep self medicating, but are not reliant on medics completely either. And healing others still only takes 50%

Then adjust the medic perk to 50%, 100%, 150%, 200%, 300% recharge time if only a minute and 100, 200, 300, 400, 500% if 2 mins. That way medics are much more important, but not essential until upper levels.

Oh and fix the medigun "hit box" and range...

Not a bad idea, but I don't see how doing that would give the medic a solid role during heal downtime (when the team is pretty much at full health, doing solid damage and cleaning up the waves pretty well).

I think this move would be a pretty big blow to pub servers/random groups that don't have a medic on their team and would jack the difficulty way up for the less apt players.

Upvote 0
Not a bad idea, but I don't see how doing that would give the medic a solid role during heal downtime (when the team is pretty much at full health, doing solid damage and cleaning up the waves pretty well).

I think this move would be a pretty big blow to pub servers/random groups that don't have a medic on their team and would jack the difficulty way up for the less apt players.

At least it's better solution than it is at the moment in my opinion. Everyone can heal themselves as a medic. 20 hp is pretty much and u can heal very fast again

Upvote 0
At least it's better solution than it is at the moment in my opinion. Everyone can heal themselves as a medic. 20 hp is pretty much and u can heal very fast again

A recharge cooldown time increase is a decent solution to keep the medic healing but doesn't really add much flavor to the perk. They still have a hard time dying because of running ridiculously fast, how effective their body armor is, and the ease at which they can self heal... the first two things don't seem to fit the word "Medic" at all to me. Not to mention they don't have any specialized weapons save for a more effective syringe. That's why I'd really love to see combat drugs in the game :D

I read on the Bug Report forums that a medical syringe fix is going to be in the next patch (thanks to Benjamin for finding it!)

Proof: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=33626[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=33626[/URL]

Now that that problem is going to fixed, how about this?

Make the medic's run speed bonus only when he has the syringe out, and tone it down so that medics have the same run speed with the syringe that berserkers do with the knife. As it stands right now, medics are the fastest moving class in the game no matter what weapon (save for the LAW or the Flamethrower) they have equipped. It just doesn't make sense from a game balance perspective (I know, LOL BALANCE in a co-op game m i rite?).

Upvote 0
You already get cash for healing, though I'm not sure how it's linked to the amount healed.

The medic needs the speed bonus. Have you ever tried to run after someone and heal them as another class? Impossible.

I'm really tired of seeing people pick medic and then playing as berserker because they run faster and their armour is more effective.

Upvote 0
You already get cash for healing, though I'm not sure how it's linked to the amount healed.

The medic needs the speed bonus. Have you ever tried to run after someone and heal them as another class? Impossible.

I'm really tired of seeing people pick medic and then playing as berserker because they run faster and their armour is more effective.

That's why medic needs something "unique" to be Medic. Drugs, new medic weapon, tazer? i don't know what, but still, something has to be done.

Upvote 0

The medic won't need as much of a run speed bonus once the next patch comes out since syringe hitbox is getting fixed. IMO, the run speed bonus should only apply while wielding the syringe, and it should be toned down to be on the same level as the Berserker melee weapon run speed bonus. Since the berserker and the medic are the only two classes that get run speed bonuses it makes no sense to have the one that isn't on the front lines all the time have the faster bonus AND have it apply no matter what weapon is wielded. A medic with a L.A.W. runs as fast as a Berserker with a knife (maybe slightly slower). It's pretty ridiculous.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like the idea of the medic using a drug somehow on the specimans. However I think the perfect thing would be some sort of weapon that administers a drug that makes them turn on themselves. Much like you see clots and other specs fighting bloats from time to time. Have either a weapon that admisters it to a speciman or better still an area of effect weapon like a gas grenade that causes confusion for the specimans which makes them turn on each other, I think it would be fun to watch too.

Upvote 0
I like the idea of the medic using a drug somehow on the specimans. However I think the perfect thing would be some sort of weapon that administers a drug that makes them turn on themselves. Much like you see clots and other specs fighting bloats from time to time. Have either a weapon that admisters it to a speciman or better still an area of effect weapon like a gas grenade that causes confusion for the specimans which makes them turn on each other, I think it would be fun to watch too.

I can see specimens fighting each other even now. I see everyday Bloat fighting either with a clot, crawler, gorefast or fleshpound.

Upvote 0
I can see specimens fighting each other even now. I see everyday Bloat fighting either with a clot, crawler, gorefast or fleshpound.

Yes I know I even said that in my post. But you don't see it all the time so it be nice to make them fight each other at will. A) It serves as a distraction for the team to either kill them or other specs and B) It helps wear down their health and makes them a tad easier to take down. Maybe have it not work on like say a FP, Skrake or even a Siren, the rest would be fine.

Upvote 0
Yes I know I even said that in my post. But you don't see it all the time so it be nice to make them fight each other at will. A) It serves as a distraction for the team to either kill them or other specs and B) It helps wear down their health and makes them a tad easier to take down. Maybe have it not work on like say a FP, Skrake or even a Siren, the rest would be fine.

Doing this confusion thing to siren would be useless anyway, cuz the ZEDs seems to be deaf or something:D? I mean sirens scream makes humans ears pop, but the specimens are still human experiments, so they are humans (kinda) anyway? Just wondering:p
You can get clots or crawlers killed by Bloats bile and see fleshpounds versus bloats but sirens can't hurt other specimens. Well, would be too easy, since sirens screams all the time when they are near survivors, usually while there are bunch of other specimens around.

Upvote 0