• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Some projectors not appearing - is there a limit?

IrritAnt

Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2009
I have a number of projectors in my map. The ones I have added later in construction have stopped working.

They're mostly copies of earlier ones that work perfectly. I've also added new ones from scratch but the result is the same - no projection.

So, is there a limit on the number of projectors allowed in a map? They're more expensive rendering-wise than some other objects which will always limit their use, but is there an arbitrary number limit as well?

Figured it out. Projector > bDynamicAttach needed to be set to True for the projector to show up on static meshes.

It does present some new problems though. The projector will show on any and all surfaces facing it on the mesh regardless of the MaxTraceDistance. This also means that a nearby mesh will pick up the projector if it overlaps it even a small amount - see the image below.

Otherwise copying them seems to work just fine.

Upvote 0