• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Rebuild -> Crash, now unrealed doesn't start

Murphy

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
liandri.darkbb.com
Hi,
I did a full rebuild and during that it crashed with this message:
LockRect failed: D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE

History: UD3DRenderDevice::ReadPixels <- UD3DRenderDevice::present <- UUnrealEdEngine::Draw <- (Cam=U2Viewport2,Flags=602836685 <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- UEditorEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Now whenever I want to start UnrealEd again it stays at the splash-screen indefinately. I tried deleting unrealed.ini but it didn't help. The log is empty.

How can I get it to run again?

I tried updating my direct x but it didn't help. I don't want to touch my drivers atm, to be hoenst, because they are working so fine and I don't want to change a running system if I can help it. It worked fine in the last few days, btw. This only started today when it crashed during a rebuild.

EDIT: Oh, shoot. I just tried to launch the game and it doesn't start either! Tried some other, non-unrealengine games and they crash too. Maybe there is something wrong with the drivers. But how can that be? I didn't change anything!

I'll tinker with this some more and then re-install my video drivers. I'll tell you how it went.

EDIT2: Seems like a reboot fixed it. Knock on wood it doesn't return.

Last edited:
Upvote 0