• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Finally Sharpshooter 5

brick_top1982

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
It took me about a week playing for 2 hours each night to finally achieve sharpshooter level 5. I love mowing down the clots with two bloody hand fulls with 50% more damage!:D!

Now to work on support.

I find that sharpshooter was the toughest to level up thus far.

Yup. That's what made my Sharpshooter 5 so anti-climatic, really. I got all the way to 5 and discovered that my 'bonus' weapon didn't even benefit from my perk...

I either spawn with 'em and switch perks then sell 'em after the first round (The discount applies to the sale price, meaning you SELL them for less!), or I toss one to a teammate. Unless you're at stupidly close range or shooting things you don't really NEED to headshot (Crawlers), the Dual Handcannons tend to just waste ammo. Especially since the Single handcannon reloads faster and each shot does 50% more damage...

Upvote 0
True but when you're in trouble in can be helpful to be able to fire twice as many bullets, twice as fast. Especially considering the second handcannon doesn't weigh anything. :rolleyes:

Yes, but due to the Sharpshooter perk not effecting the Dual Handcannons as it does the normal ones, it's usually better to use the single for a variety of reasons:

-Damage Bonus
-Reload Bonus (+30% reload speed for single handcannon on top of the normal faster speed!)
-Ease of "Sniping"
-Less tendency to 'Spam bullets' in a jam

Honestly, there are SOME times when spamming out 16 Handcannon shots is the answer, but I'd say that about 90% of the time, you can do more with 8 well-placed shots than 16 shots spammed out in a panic...

Upvote 0