• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Players Blacklist

gusone

Grizzled Veteran
May 2, 2009
Sidcup
steamcommunity.com
Maybe its the weather but I was rather irritated to have to give three people life bans on my server for team killing yesterday evening. It had been about 2 weeks since the previous life ban was given. This just spoils the enjoyment for the other players especially since I cannot be there 24/7 to kick these children and give them a life ban. Whilst I do encourage regular players on my server to PM details of persistent Teamkillers (and they do) so I can retro life ban them this is still far from ideal.

Anyway its time to take the power back and hit these pathetic individuals where it hurts. I am proposing all server owners share the steam ids of players banned for malicious teamkilling, racism, abuse and any other unsavoury activity the server owner felt required a ban.

PM the banned steam ids on your server plus details of your server and verification you are the owner. I'll update the blacklist and send everyone who contributes an updated list regulary.

Maybe its the weather but I was rather irritated to have to give three people life bans on my server for team killing yesterday evening. It had been about 2 weeks since the previous life ban was given. This just spoils the enjoyment for the other players especially since I cannot be there 24/7 to kick these children and give them a life ban. Whilst I do encourage regular players on my server to PM details of persistent Teamkillers (and they do) so I can retro life ban them this is still far from ideal.

Anyway its time to take the power back and hit these pathetic individuals where it hurts. I am proposing all server owners share the steam ids of players banned for malicious teamkilling, racism, abuse and any other unsavoury activity the server owner felt required a ban.

PM the banned steam ids on your server plus details of your server and verification you are the owner. I'll update the blacklist and send everyone who contributes an updated list regulary.

The problem with this is that overzealous server admins could slap arbitrary bans for accidental teamkillings or simply because they don't like someone...and with this system, such bans could easily cut off said players from a multitude of servers...

Upvote 0
Basically, i don't enjoy this idea. You guy want to play cop-robbers, that's okay. What to set-up a central info like Interpol. That's NOT okay.
Look, even some countries haven't signed treaties yet, so criminals often go there to hide. And LOOK, just a matter of unluckiness could result in TK, and some uncommon coincidence will make it second or third time. And some cynical or just extremely skeptical ( I totally understand these guys, running such server with like thousands of player in and out each day) could give a ban WITHOUT give a chance for forgiveness (because it's global, something like this last night, I TK'd like two or three times on some server, and I wake up, found out that I was banned at another server. Who could make out the connection?).
I know it irritating, but, I can't offer any more "sound" solutions than this: how about a announcement system for who's on the list. If he was just unlucky, he'll be more careful next time. If he changes his name(since most players dont bother check other steam id, just the alias is needed) to evade AND TK once more, just BAN THAT JACK***

Upvote 0
Basically, i don't enjoy this idea. You guy want to play cop-robbers, that's okay. What to set-up a central info like Interpol. That's NOT okay.
Look, even some countries haven't signed treaties yet, so criminals often go there to hide. And LOOK, just a matter of unluckiness could result in TK, and some uncommon coincidence will make it second or third time. And some cynical or just extremely skeptical ( I totally understand these guys, running such server with like thousands of player in and out each day) could give a ban WITHOUT give a chance for forgiveness (because it's global, something like this last night, I TK'd like two or three times on some server, and I wake up, found out that I was banned at another server. Who could make out the connection?).
I know it irritating, but, I can't offer any more "sound" solutions than this: how about a announcement system for who's on the list. If he was just unlucky, he'll be more careful next time. If he changes his name(since most players dont bother check other steam id, just the alias is needed) to evade AND TK once more, just BAN THAT JACK***

Something that warns that "Player *Insertnamehere* is on a Global Blacklist for *Insertreasonhere*" is a good idea. If he causes trouble, it makes it easier for server admins to toss out a permaban, and if he gets on there by mistake, he can still play (Or even get an admin to send word up and get him OFF of the blacklist).

However, auto-banning blacklisted players is asking for trouble...

Upvote 0