• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-TrailOfTheWoods

Boxxxed

Grizzled Veteran
May 22, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I've posted before and my map has come along pretty far now. I need people to test it. It's very close to being completed but I need input before anything is finalized.

Please test this map
http://www.speedyshare.com/453490296.html

This map can be played on "208.167.232.174" where it is continually cycled.

Thanks for the help guys. Also, if you wish to test with me or others please add me at "Boxxxed" on Steam.

Do not add this map to your Killing Floor Websites please. It is not finished.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4492/shot00009e.png
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9026/shot00013e.png

Fixed some issues. Including truck death problem.
Fixed additional issues, new update added.

Last edited:
Unsure if this has been fixed or addressed but, friends and I played on it last night (1st beta) and the truck killed us all. As the truck moved from the start to the final stop we were all dropping like flies and none made it. Second time through all of us started having aneurysms again and only 2 of us made it to where the truck let us off. We tryed one last time and this time I sugested we all stand in a line down the center of the truck, so as not to touch the sides or each other, we all actually made it. Point is something definately needs to be done about that, if you fixed it with the recent update then cool, if not then maybe take a look at that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Unsure if this has been fixed or addressed but, friends and I played on it last night (1st beta) and the truck killed us all. As the truck moved from the start to the final stop we were all dropping like flies. Out of nowhere all of us started having aneurysms and only 2 of us made it to where the truck let us off. We tryed again and this time I sugested we all stand in a line down the center of the truck, so as not to touch the sides or each other, we all actually made it. Point is something definately needs to be done about that, if you fixed it with the recent update then cool, if not then maybe take a look at that.

That's been fixed, haha.

Upvote 0
Ok found another problem with the newer version of the map. Where you spawn beside the truck you have specimans spawn there now as well. However if you get in the truck and leave them they are stuck there and can't follow, which makes it impossible for the round to end, maybe have no speciman spawn there at all perhaps.

Also where the truck finally stops there is a glitch. Beside the truck is the 2 gates lying on the ground on an angle which you can walk up, well when the specimans couldnt get to us I tryed to see if I could go back and kill them. So I walked up the one on the left as you face back down the path you drove in on, then jumped on the stone fence post/pillar thing and jumped over the fence. If you jump on the road you die instantly, but if you jump to the left into the forest area you can walk in it for a bit before falling and landing under the map.

just a heads up on those 2 issues for now, I like the map though good luck with it.

Upvote 0
After leaving the vehicle it's possible to run up the broken fence and along the main fence on top of the volume.

Maybe a few more boulders here and there, some fallen trees, and some slightly angled fences will offer some more variety to the forest and quickly instill some landmarks.

One of the wheels on a truck at the initial spawn point hasn't received full model detail and is not visible when looking under the vehicle. A cosmetic fill with another suitable SM to maintain context would hide that.

Other than that, the rounds I played didn't have any issues. I didn't look in the editor yet as I'd like to play the Final Version somewhat fresh. The brushwork on the architecture looks clean and tidy and I couldn't spot any tears or misalignments. That's a good sign of attention to technical detail.

Keep it coming as it's progressing well.

Upvote 0
May I ask for it to actually be named what it is? Like not make it KF-TestMap but instead name it KF-TrailOfTheWoodsv1 or w/e? Keeping it the same name can ruin DL via servers...especially those using the new auto redirect service provided from gameservers.com

I will say I renamed the last version to be KF-TrailOfTheWoodsB2.rom for my server...

---Stixsmaster

Upvote 0