• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Delay with tank exiting?

airbornedude101

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 29, 2009
Hello. Today I was in a IS2 tank on Arad, and I spotted my friend inside a Tiger. He was in front of me so I shot at the end setting the back of the tank on fire. Before I could reload he was on foot and leaving the scene.

Now I'm thinking, in real life you cannot exit a tank in 1 second. So how about a delay, maybe a little bar at the bottom of the screen. When you press "Z" a bar comes up at the bottom and you hear sounds as the bar goes to 100, you are out the tank. Maybe about 15 seconds? I think this would be better and more realistic.

Last edited:
The Darkest Hour mod already have that fixed......
....having being inspired by the idea's use in the Mare Nostrum mod.
credit where it's due.

It makes sense to delay or otherwise inhibit exiting - i alway kinda liked the other idea that used to get banded around with this one - the crew position switch delay.
Of course it wouldn't work on barely populated tank map servers, but as a mutator that could be activated when servers fill up or on certain maps like for example CA (where just 1 guy in his tank can switch to mg too quickly for my liking)- it could work.

The delay could phaps even be coded to have the option of varying in length from tank to tank, say a longer delay for more powerfull, rare tanks, (like the tiger, which more than most should probably be crewed) with less or no delay for say the P3 - so ppl who like to tank solo still have an option.

Upvote 0