• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-DarkRoad

JustFilth

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2009
UK
www.leveldesigner.co.uk

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ok here it is again, I am sorry for confusion with the release of this map, but due to an issue that could not be over looked I have had to fix and update this version.

Anyone who has downloaded this map please check that you have mapname KF-DarkRoads-F if not please re-download from this thread as the latest version is attached in download link.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Map Name: KF-DarkRoads-F

Number: FINAL

Author: JustFilth

Changelist from beta:

Removed rain
Added tunnel from spawn to storehouses
Added upstairs to large storehouse
Added basement section connected to both storehouses
Increased fog thickness
Added more ambient sound
Added interval music
Fixed several issues from Beta
Several clipping issues

Download:

http://files.filefront.com/KF+DarkRoads+Fzip/;13886637;/fileinfo.html

Screenshots:

f4fea20c.jpg

9d2abf43.jpg

ce5cfaeb.jpg

bec63eac.jpg

f939c798.jpg

2c4de30e.jpg

7d1c3d39.jpg

f42d6cc2.jpg

1831c26e.jpg

55a7d125.jpg

Description of map: Large, Indoors/Outdoors.

Supplies are running low and the team decide to venture out to a secluded outpost that once supplied a nearby army barracks. Will the team manage to be able to take control of this area and secure the storage houses or will they themselves

become the supplies.

Credits: Tripwire interactive and the KF community for help, support and feedback.

Installation: Place the KF-DarkRoads-F.rom in your killingfloor/maps directory.

Last edited:
Were you the one uploading the map to L4Y recently?

If so, is the map that you've uploaded the right one, or why is your first post saying that any redirects should delete it?
Just PM (here or on l4y) or reply and I'll delete it again if it's the wrong map.

L4Y also has a DarkRoad B version. I don't know if that's the same map. I assume the B means beta.
Also it says author Basic_Infantry because I must have found that name in the .rom file.

Upvote 0
Hi RED-Frog Funny enough I was just pm'ing you as you may now know.

Yes I uploaded to your site, The reason this has been taken down was due to one of the walls in the basement section had no collision on it and you could actually walk through. This was a major issue really and just could not be ignored.

Regarding the -B version yes that stands for Beta and can be deleted also. I will update this site and others when fixes are made.

Regarding the author, I am not sure where that as come from as when checking in level summary the author is stated as myself. ( i think what has happened is that one of your members has uploaded it and it as aotumatically set them as author )

To all, I am sorry for the way this release has gone but sometimes things dont go as we plan. I just hope that the enjoy found with this map will make up for it.

Cheers

JustFilth

EDIT: ORIGINAL POST NOW UPDATED.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok troopers panic over, at least for now. I cant say how gutted i am the release of this map was a bit of a run around but hey I got there in the end.

Now back to basics..

hund_schraube,

Thank you kindly for your vote of confidence.

Gregs2k2,

I hope you enjoy the changes.

nickbrowne,

Thank you for the support.

gusone,

Cheers trooper and I defenitly will pop along for some tactical Zombie slaying.

Cheers all and thank you

JustFilth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Boxiii, Thank you trooper for your gracious comments

BartBear, Cheers for the continued support sir.

Extreme_one, same with you thanks for the support and your patience with the release of this map.

gusone, The pleasure was all mine trooper. Great server had a wicked time, great bunch of guys. Loved the FF, but even more loved how your players worked as a team. would defenitly recommend your server.

Syrential, Glad the map has been a success on your server and thank you for the comment

Sgt Jigglebelly, I hope you enjoy this level

Cheers all and enjoy

JustFilth.

Upvote 0
Thx again Nick,

And cheers for sorting things out.

Arramus,

Cheers for the comment. I am always willing to jump on a server with peeps, just send me a pm and we'll make a date of it. Just to let you know I am from the UK so GMT for me but to be honest Im on a fair bit buddy so should be easy enough to sort something out.

Cheers

JustFilth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0