• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Update #3

I'd really appreciate it if TW could explain me the reason why the Perk Leveling has been disabled for Servers that have a capacity for more than 6 Players.

Fact is: There are TONS of 6 Player Servers, and basically anyone with a "normal" PC and decent Internet Connection can host a 6 Player Server. If people want to play the Game with only 6 Players, they can always do that, but why blame everyone who had fun playing with more people?
Seriously TW, what's your point? Why do you have to FORCE people to play the Game with 6 Players, what if someone has more than 5 friends and just wants to have a good game WITH Perk Leveling?

But back to the actual point. WHY? It's not even that Perk Leveling becomes easier with more Players. Maybe you get to heal more people and increase your Medic Perk faster, but that's about it.
What about the people who play the game on EASY mode or some cheap Maps that make it extremely simple to level up your Perk.
If you are so damn smart, why does that stuff still work then? Do you fear that the rants will go out of control? I'd like to hear the explanation for that.

I can only suggest you one thing if you want this game to keep being so popular. Enable the Perk Leveling again for ALL Servers and let the players decide in which way they want to level up, whether on a 6 Player Server or on a 32 one, I don't think you are in the position to decide for all the players out there, they have their own minds and can decide for themselves.

I hope you will read this TW and realize how bad your move was to the whole community.
Instead of upsetting players you should for once consider their wishes to make this game last for a long time.

Amen.

Upvote 0
It's a shame we've lost some players on the higher slot servers, it can be really fun to play with a lot of people and while some don't necessarily find it fun themselves they should acknowledge this. I don't know why people are talking about 'cheating' since this is a co-op game, no one can 'win'.

I really don't see what this was supposed to achieve, considering it is undoubtedly far easier to grind perks on these numerous perk building servers that have popped up recently. If you're going to remove perk progression from large servers, why not do the same for custom maps too?

As for playing the game "the way it's meant to be played", that was what L4D was for. You played the game it was meant to be played, there was little customization and experimenting due to the late release of the SDK. I thought this was why so many people moved to KF?

However, thanks for the update guys! I personally appreciate the changes, even if I don't agree with one of them. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
0/34

They're just upset no one plays their servers anymore and they lost the chance to play god.

As I said, this patch has killed the high population servers. If you liked that style of play than a choice was essentially removed. If you didn't like that style of play, what happens on servers you don't play on should not concern you one way or another.

More choices = more players = more money for the devs = a game with better support = win-win for everybody

narrow vision = lose

I personally enjoyed 6 mans part of the time and a few rounds on higher pop servers at other times. Now I can only play on 6 man servers .....or.....I can go play another game. For now, I choose the latter.**

**After all, RO is on sale for 5 bucks on steam! ;)

Upvote 0
Probably been mentioned by someone, but I didn't see it when I skimmed over the posts and right now I'm too tired to read them all.

The Not spawning with weapons bug has been fixed, but I still have a hard time getting my weapon because I still occasionally spawn as a perk I didn't choose. It happened at least twice yesterday, I'd join a game right at the end of a wave and choose to be medic, but I spawned as a firestarter or sharpshooter. Both times the next wave when I would be able to change perks again I was changed to medic and couldn't change until the end of the third wave after I joined (after I played two waves). I assumed this was fixed when I read the list of bugs fixed this update and saw that the spawning without weapons was fixed, but thinking about it I guess those are two different bugs.

Thumbs up for this fix, addressed several problems that were an annoyance to me. I suppose the only things I feel to ask for now are A) a fix for the bug mentioned above, B) a content update, games awesome but added content is always welcomed.

Upvote 0
but I still have a hard time getting my weapon because I still occasionally spawn as a perk I didn't choose. It happened at least twice yesterday, I'd join a game right at the end of a wave and choose to be medic, but I spawned as a firestarter or sharpshooter. Both times the next wave when I would be able to change perks again I was changed to medic and couldn't change until the end of the third wave after I joined (after I played two waves).
I have experienced the same problem.

Upvote 0
As I said, this patch has killed the high population servers. If you liked that style of play than a choice was essentially removed. If you didn't like that style of play, what happens on servers you don't play on should not concern you one way or another.

More choices = more players = more money for the devs = a game with better support = win-win for everybody

Apparently it was the goal of the developers to make the game less fun, at least it seems like it.

Now everyone is upgrading their perks with this Level-5 Perk tool that's floating around the net, but no one seems to care about that.
Also, no one was able to give me a good reason why Perks leveling was disabled on Servers with more than 6 Players.

Sadly there are a lot of Players that complained about Servers with more than 6 Players, most likely because they have no other things to worry about or whatever.
Not like it offended anyone, like you said, if you don't like playing on such Servers then just don't, but why ruin the fun for all others?

It's very sad.

Upvote 0
If you like high player-number servers then why don't you play them anyway? A game is supposed to be about fun, not leveling some imaginary perk to brag about to other people in the "Oh look how awesome my imaginary cop/soldier is".

You're forgetting the point that a higher perk level comes along with some nice additions, like faster healing etc.
But apparently you get forced to play on 6 Player servers now to be able to level up.
Basically what you are saying also means that's pointless to enable perks to only a certain group of players, and in that point I agree with you.

Upvote 0