• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Operation Flashpoint 2 preview and screenies

I was expecting more from OFP2, even though Bohemia has moved on with the Arma series I was hopingi that ofp would at least be decent and lean toward the style that made ofp the name it is.

The recent videos make the game look more like Brothers in arms mixed with Call of duty.

ArmA 2 would have been called OFP2 if it wasnt for Codemasters involvement.

Upvote 0
I'm the first that want to give this one a chance, having said that, I also have to say that I'm very disappointed with the lastest video, I still hope that idiot that was playing was doing it on easy

the headshot and the crosshair are dificulty related, the artillery is just a bad graphic effect, but those explosive barrels are inexcusable, oil drums just don't explode in real life

Edit: Also, realizm is no longer brown, now itz green

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm the first that want to give this one a chance, having said that, I also have to say that I'm very disappointed with the lastest video, I still hope that idiot that was playing was doing it on easy

the headshot and the crosshair are dificulty related, the artillery is just a bad graphic effect, but those explosive barrels are inexcusable, oil drums just don't explode in real life

Edit: Also, realizm is no longer brown, now itz green
the barrels alone i could live with. just one minor annoyance. but it's the sum of these minor annoyances that start putting me off. the muzzle flashes look ugly and overdone, the arty, the not very convincing behaviour of the gun. it draws a picture that just doesnt look very good.

Upvote 0
I lol'd when he said he'd taken a hit to the head its nothing serious but i'm bleeding heavily lol wat a joke. Tbh this looks like a slightly more realistic cod with open levels and honestly wats with the stupid barrel bit i mean come on, as if the ability to take bullets to the face wasnt enough they include conviently placed exploding barrels:rolleyes:.

Upvote 0
"Thankfully, the bit of my brain the bullet removed has only to do with high level functions, like making a decent tactical simulator. I am still free to run, jump and hold my gun out in front of me all the time like a goose." - quoted from some other guy :D

Anyways, picked up some more news: apparently there will be no leaning in Dragon Rising either.

Upvote 0
New ingame screenshot

BlackDragonKnight01.jpg

It's just a scratch

Last edited:
Upvote 0