• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game crash (with bug report)

Dodaz

May 22, 2009
when I played killing floor it randomly frozen and exited to desktop saying this:

Build KillingFloor_Build_[2009-02-09_10.82]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 1810 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (7516)

Assertion failed: SavedStateIndex+1 < MAX_STATESTACKDEPTH [File:.\D3DRenderInterface.cpp] [Line: 160]

History: F3DRenderInterface::pushState <- FActorSceneNode::Render <- UShadowBitmapMaterial::Get <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetProjectorMaterial <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetMaterial <- RenderStaticMesh <- FDynamicActor::Render <- RenderLevel <- KF-Arcade-Shopping-Center-final.myLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level KF-Arcade-Shopping-center <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

any ideas?

We are attempting to fix this issue before the next patch goes out, yes, but we won't be able to fix it until we can make it happen. All possible information on the issue will help us take steps to reproduce and fix it.

Thanks for the extra information, you've probably just given us a way to recreate and thus fix the crash.

I know the crash report has some of this information listed, but can you tell us exactly what system you are running?

Operating System: WindowsXP (with Service Pack 2 or Service Pack 3?)
Processor: AMD 1.8GHz(Athlon, FX, or Phenom? Single, Dual, or Quad Core?)
RAM: 1 Gig?
Video Card: nVidia 9600 GT(how much RAM is on the card?)
Hard Drive: Size? Amount of Free Space?

Upvote 0
it just happened to me. i had just finished one map and it was loading another that i have played many times, then it crashed with a critical error window simular to others. My log file is longer than i have seen on the others so it may help more. I have attached it in this post. until this last update mine never crashed at all. Thanks guy keep up the good work.

Attachments

• KillingFloor.log
    34.4 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Thundercloud your error is not the
Assertion failed: SavedStateIndex+1
error were talking about here i think atleast it doesnt give that as warning in the log. Your error seems to be that your steamnickname is not fully supported or something, and i would try to change your username.

here some others with the issue.
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=32204

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thundercloud your error is not the
Assertion failed: SavedStateIndex+1
error were talking about here i think atleast it doesnt give that as warning in the log. Your error seems to be that your steamnickname is not fully supported or something, and i would try to change your username.

here some others with the issue.
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=32204
[/URL]

Thanks for the info. I never had this problem until the update. That being said my steam was messed up also and I reloaded all of the steam files except for the steam.exe and steamaaps folder (which contains the games) and after steam restarted i haven't had the problem since. one may not have anything to do with the ohterbut mine is working now.

Upvote 0