• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Other Countries?

well i imagine it wouldnt be that much work to implement a few hungarians or so into SP
because you dont really need the whole loadout of weapons for them

maybe in one mission you have to relieve a few battled romanians or hungarians, with just a few rifles left

needed: 1 Steyr Mannlicher M95 rifle, 2 Hungarian Playermodels, a few 3rd person animations, a little hungarian voice

Upvote 0
Plenty of good stories with the Romanians and Italians I have read in the Stalingrad area to use that is for sure. Maybe you could be part of one of the Panzer Divisions that has to try and seal off a gap from where one of the puppet armies retreated from.
The Croatians they had a battalion in the area right?

Upvote 0
As evidenced through some of my prior posts I also support the addition of new countries. In many mainstream World War II games we see a number of Allied countries, but only one Axis country. The addition of new countries would not only add to the gameplay, but make it unique unto itself amongst First-Person World War II games.

I think scenarios regarding the 1st Hungarian Armored Field Division, the Italian Alpine Corps or the Romanian's Lascar group, notably the 6th Infantry Division's defense of the German airfield at Oblivkavia, could be feasible in presenting a more favorable light towards these countries and against many of the condemning accounts which distort the history and overlook the disadvantages of Germany's Axis allies.

All in all, 1.725 million Axis Allied soldiers were killed, missing or ended up as POWs on the Eastern Front, a recognition of them in the upcoming game would be a nice tribute.

If any particular research or resources are needed, you can contact me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I believe it would be a breakthrough in Second World War shooters to include some (or all) of the other combatants fighting for the Axis at Stalingrad area including the Romanians, Slovaks, Croatians, Italians and Hungarians.

For the multiplayer, I would love to see more of the Axis foreign volunteers and eastern european fighting on the side of the Axis.

Upvote 0
Soviet breakthrough against Romanians and Italians

Soviet breakthrough against Romanians and Italians

Romanians and Italians have to be included if the campaign is going to represent one of the most crucial events: The Soviet breakthrough comes against--you guessed it--Romanian and Italian divisions. A few dispersed German regiments 'stiffened' the allies.

Upvote 0