• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Player Start Disabling

I haven't played Olde Tower but I've read that it advances you through stages so I figured it involved some player start manipulation. I found out that you have to use TriggeredPlayerStart actors with enabled settings on True or False according to what you want.

I haven't figured out how to toggle enabling or disabling these actors. I'm assuming you use a trigger and just trigger the PlayerStarts and it switches to disabled if already enabled and vice versa. Though I'm unable to test this on Solo since when I die after triggering it the game is over. I can't test online because I'm currently using dial-up. Could someone please test this for me? Thanks a lot.

Upvote 0
I didn't test it, but you are on the right path. Triggered Player Starts do change the Enabled setting.*

Make a Trigger, and change it to a TT_PlayerProxy (I think) and set the trigger event to the tag you set on your Triggered Player Starts. Then you want to find the setting in the Trigger bTriggerOnce, and set it to True. (So when you pass over it twice it wont reactivate the last spawn point, and shut off the new ones)*

In Single Player mapping for games like Star Wars Republic Commando you use the Triggered Player Start for checkpoints in the map, I have a tutorial for setting them up for Republic Commando if you need help it may be of use, here it is. The main difference is that you will want to be triggering 6 player starts at each location, just give them all the same tag and that should do it.*

Upvote 0