• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Another pistol?

X-tr3m3r

Jun 8, 2009
First of all hi everybody, as you can see I'm new here. :)

I had an idea the other day while I was playing with the dualies.
It would be really cool in my opinion to add one more pistol: the Glock 18.

This pistol in real life has two firing modes, semi-automatic and fully-automatic. It can also take a 33 rounds box magazine which makes this small pistol a machine pistol.

It would be a great addition to the game imo. It should cost a bit less than a Desert Eagle, be a bit less powerful than an M9, no flashlight but 33 rounds in each mag. It would also be nice to be able to select semi and auto firing modes with the alt-fire button.

What do you guys think?
For the ones who don't know this gun just check the wiki page:
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock_17[/URL]
(See under variants)

Off topic:
Don't you think that the L.A.W. either costs too much or is too weak? I mean, I expected to see FPs blowing up with a couple of shots from this antitank weapon. :p

An Uzi or machine pistol for dealing with multiple weaklings would be nice. Yeah, I guess they could give it to Commando to boost it up a bit as well.

We don't need a .45 or anything like that, though. The 9mm (Light), and Handcannon (Heavy) are really enough for the pistols...

Also in answer to your other question, yes, the LAW is a joke right now. It should obliterate Fleshpounds/Skrakes, but all it does is piss 'em off and hide 'em in the huge puff of smoke the explosion kicks up...

Upvote 0
An Uzi or machine pistol for dealing with multiple weaklings would be nice. Yeah, I guess they could give it to Commando to boost it up a bit as well.

We don't need a .45 or anything like that, though. The 9mm (Light), and Handcannon (Heavy) are really enough for the pistols...

Also in answer to your other question, yes, the LAW is a joke right now. It should obliterate Fleshpounds/Skrakes, but all it does is piss 'em off and hide 'em in the huge puff of smoke the explosion kicks up...

Indeed the LAW actually helps them lol. It hides them and it pisses them off as you said. What a turn off... :D

The best heavy weapons are the hunting shotgun and the flamethrower in my opinion.

Upvote 0
It would certainly be nice to see another few pistols added to the game i can tell you that. But then also to balance out the game you would need a few more of other guns so that it doesnt go too pistol based :p

Besides, unless a new pistol does as much damage as the Handcannon (Or fires fast enough to make up for it), it'll be close to useless in the higher difficulties. The Handcannon on Hard/Suicidal hits about as hard as the 9mm on Normal!

Pistols in general do pretty small damage, so if a new one is added, it needs to either fire fast enough to rack up damage or somehow have a handcannon-like punch to it. As cool as dual glocks would be, I can't see them doing either...

Adding an Uzi-type auto-pistol would be a good choice, though. Since each hit micro-stuns smaller specimens, it's rapid rate of fire would be great for shaking up a mob, similar to the Bullpup, but without quite as much stopping power. They could then add another stronger assault rifle type weapon...it'd make a nice automatic weapon trio...

-Assault Rifle (Moderate rate of fire, small clip size (25 rounds), heavy damage, possibly penetration power)
-Sub-Machine Gun ('Bullpup'. High rate of fire, moderate clip size (40 rounds), moderate damage)
-Machine Pistol (Very high rate of fire, large clip size (60 rounds), low damage)

Tack all of these weapons onto the Commando perk and you've just spiced up the game and beefed up the Commando immensely. It would have to be carefully balanced in, though, otherwise automatic weapons could easily steal the show...

Upvote 0
Besides, unless a new pistol does as much damage as the Handcannon (Or fires fast enough to make up for it), it'll be close to useless in the higher difficulties. The Handcannon on Hard/Suicidal hits about as hard as the 9mm on Normal!

Pistols in general do pretty small damage, so if a new one is added, it needs to either fire fast enough to rack up damage or somehow have a handcannon-like punch to it. As cool as dual glocks would be, I can't see them doing either...

Adding an Uzi-type auto-pistol would be a good choice, though. Since each hit micro-stuns smaller specimens, it's rapid rate of fire would be great for shaking up a mob, similar to the Bullpup, but without quite as much stopping power. They could then add another stronger assault rifle type weapon...it'd make a nice automatic weapon trio...

-Assault Rifle (Moderate rate of fire, small clip size (25 rounds), heavy damage, possibly penetration power)
-Sub-Machine Gun ('Bullpup'. High rate of fire, moderate clip size (40 rounds), moderate damage)
-Machine Pistol (Very high rate of fire, large clip size (60 rounds), low damage)

Tack all of these weapons onto the Commando perk and you've just spiced up the game and beefed up the Commando immensely. It would have to be carefully balanced in, though, otherwise automatic weapons could easily steal the show...

The Glock 18 is automatic so I don't see why the UZIs would be better.

I suggested this pistol for two reasons. Firstly, it's really cool and awesome imo, secondly it's rare so would make the game more original.

I'm kind of tired of seing the Desert Eagle in every game I play. Some new guns would make the difference here.

Upvote 0
Well, technically it is and it is not. It is an bullpup assault rifle :). A carbine is a short rifle. I had a hard time to figure out a name in German but the common term for a bullpup is Kurzgewehr. A Kurzgewehr is literally a short rifle. Hmmpf... head spinning.

Bullpup is just the setup. You can have a bullpup assault rifle, carbine, lawn mover and mother in law.

It is just the design. Kinda like both Minis and Dodge Rams have a front engine, but that is pretty much the only thing they have in common.

Upvote 0