• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Playing as Patriarch?

Rak

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2005
D
I'm just thinking how awesome would it be if a player took control of the Patriarch at the end of the waves. Would be totally awesome to have a single but powerful human enemy versus 6.

Maybe I'll go as forward as to suggest that that player should be playing from the RTS perspective as "patriarch" and direct/spawn specimen parties against the group during the waves. Kind of a zombie master, but at the end he would go down and get personal with the group :D It would give tremendeous replayability and add fun to the game.

Just my 50 Turkish Liras :)

Potential idea :

Boss rush. you fight the patriarch as a player versus X other members.

Everyone gets a turn. Basically, at first you'd be fighting beginner level patriarchs, then normal, hard...the idea is to see how long your team lasts and maybe see which member did the most damage.
Between each fight with him your team would get healed for 20% of their hp, get maybe 33-75% armor for the next round and refill their ammo by 50% , disabling trader (It would not make much sense to kill an easy patriarch four times with a 1 minute wait between each time XD)

Upvote 0
Well in theory, we already have his voices, animations and attacks. They might need to balance it, as a smarter player would just stay the f*ck away and use the instakill rocket spam ;-D.
But that idea is sexy.

Rockets are easy to dodge. A smart player would constantly cloak and spam his completely-broken melee attacks. 100+ damage a pop on Hard!

Upvote 0
I'm just thinking how awesome would it be if a player took control of the Patriarch at the end of the waves. Would be totally awesome to have a single but powerful human enemy versus 6.

Maybe I'll go as forward as to suggest that that player should be playing from the RTS perspective as "patriarch" and direct/spawn specimen parties against the group during the waves. Kind of a zombie master, but at the end he would go down and get personal with the group :D It would give tremendeous replayability and add fun to the game.

Just my 50 Turkish Liras :)
A smart patriarch would spawn a million fleshpounders and spam machine gun..

Upvote 0
Which would be easily fixed by someone having the commando perk @ lvl2 atleast. Can see him well in advance to warn everybody and even direct fire and pinpoint it if Patriarch ain't simply rushing :p

Well, of course you'd rush in while cloaked. Yeah, he can be spotted by Commandos or if lit on fire, but he moves so fast that it's STILL hard to track him. Plus, that'd just be an incentive to pick off the Commando first... That's why I still insist that the Flamethrower is near-useless against him...bad damage, short burn duration, ect...but that's for another topic...

Upvote 0
A smart patriarch would spawn a million fleshpounders and spam machine gun..

His abilites won't be different than what it we have now gameplay wise. He can spawn some weak creatures while he heals, and a "heatmeter" could be added to his chainsaw to prevent spamming. I'd give him only 6 rocket ammo, so that he has one for everyone for the greatest combo :) Cloaking should be really limited as well, maybe maximum 10 seconds with 30 seconds cooldown.

Upvote 0
His abilites won't be different than what it we have now gameplay wise. He can spawn some weak creatures while he heals, and a "heatmeter" could be added to his chainsaw to prevent spamming. I'd give him only 6 rocket ammo, so that he has one for everyone for the greatest combo :) Cloaking should be really limited as well, maybe maximum 10 seconds with 30 seconds cooldown.

He'd be pretty gimped, then, really. It wouldn't be like fighting the Patriarch...it'd be like fighting a player with high health, limited cloaking, an Axe with knockback, a LAW, and a souped up Bullpup...

Upvote 0