• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design light effects

I really hope they add a Tutorials Section soon, I've seen trigger light questions day in and day out now.

Normal Light actors do not allow you to do the cool things that you could once do in the origional editor. You have to use the trigger light actor. The downside to this is that trigger lights do not occlude to BSP, therefore if your radius is large enough it will shine\blink\pulse or w/e right through your walls.

Do a forum search on trigger lights and I'm sure you'll find all the information you need to know =)

Good Luck on your mapping adventures.

Upvote 0
You're probably referring to a corona. I'd have to go back to bioticslab and tell for sure, but it sounds like you're looking at a corona.

In a light's properties under the lighting tab, set Corona to True. Then go ahead and mess around with things like the brightness, hue, and radius to get the desired effect you're looking for.

Upvote 0