• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Patriarch and his Cut scene.

Bidoof

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 6, 2009
Norcross, GA
So we made it to threw the last wave and finished buying are gear to fight the Patriarch. His cut screen started and began crying about us murdering his children. While he continued to cry and the cut scene went on he started attacking and killing two of are team members (there were only 4 of us to start) on the spot, laughing my *** of cause it was funny at that time. I tried to barricade my self into a building. He began beating on the door, so I ran out threw a side door to the outside, thinking to my self "Where are you Chuck Norris. Please save me!" As I rounded the corner i saw him beating on the door still, so I aimed my shot and because firing at his head. He turned to me and charged. Blarg im dead.

Anyways so I want to know why didn't Chuck Norris didn't come and save me!?....wait no... I want to know why my team got killed during the cut scene. Has this happened to anyone else?

im guessing what they do in the cutscene is change the camera, make the model play animations, and play sounds. So im guessing its not an actual cutscene but just the angle being changed ingame so that means tha the Patriarch will act like he would if you were playing.

also u can shoot and move so i dont think its an actual cutscene

Upvote 0
im guessing what they do in the cutscene is change the camera, make the model play animations, and play sounds. So im guessing its not an actual cutscene but just the angle being changed ingame so that means tha the Patriarch will act like he would if you were playing.

also u can shoot and move so i dont think its an actual cutscene

this, you can even see his health in the bottom left during the camera switch, so I think it actually makes you him but without switching controls.

Upvote 0
So we made it to threw the last wave and finished buying are gear to fight the Patriarch. His cut screen started and began crying about us murdering his children. While he continued to cry and the cut scene went on he started attacking and killing two of are team members (there were only 4 of us to start) on the spot, laughing my *** of cause it was funny at that time. I tried to barricade my self into a building. He began beating on the door, so I ran out threw a side door to the outside, thinking to my self "Where are you Chuck Norris. Please save me!" As I rounded the corner i saw him beating on the door still, so I aimed my shot and because firing at his head. He turned to me and charged. Blarg im dead.

Anyways so I want to know why didn't Chuck Norris didn't come and save me!?....wait no... I want to know why my team got killed during the cut scene. Has this happened to anyone else?

Best. Storeh. EVAR.

Oh, and what the others said about the problem. Yeah, apparently he can screw you up instantly when he appears, but so can you.

Upvote 0
Best. Storeh. EVAR.

Oh, and what the others said about the problem. Yeah, apparently he can screw you up instantly when he appears, but so can you.

I love on the harder difficulties where he'll appear right in front of you, killing 2 of your teammates with rockets and polishing off 2 more with the minigun before the 'Cutscene' even ends. Then he charges the last 2 and ends it.

Yeah, you can move, but on Hard and Suicidal, unless you're behind cover, HE DOESN'T MISS WHEN HE SHOOTS!

Upvote 0
I love on the harder difficulties where he'll appear right in front of you, killing 2 of your teammates with rockets and polishing off 2 more with the minigun before the 'Cutscene' even ends. Then he charges the last 2 and ends it.

Yeah, you can move, but on Hard and Suicidal, unless you're behind cover, HE DOESN'T MISS WHEN HE SHOOTS!

Rockets miss on any difficulty and chain gun has a spread, so its range based.

Upvote 0
i had a funny one of these moments, i was soloing manor short/normal, when he spawn behind the fence that was in shambles(and you could see through the fence) he didnt do the rise then walk, he was "floating" when he was rising and he came closer to me at the same time, still in cut-scene, i turned around and alt-fired the chainsaw a couple times and killed him(lvl 4 berserker). and he died within that short cut-scene time, of course i loled very hard at this that i killed him so fast.

Upvote 0