• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Update #3

I'm starting to notice a lot of problems coming out of this recent patch. Random Grenade smoke coming off the floors and random Siren scream effects. People catching randomly on fire. The ambient effects as like (papers flying around in office) are going haywire. Effects either keep repeating with little delay or constantly repeat.

You guys might want a group of people to beta test the patches before they come out. It seems after you guys fix something - something else falls apart.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the update!

The FlameThrower / Grenades bug was seriously bugging us as we
got crashed almost every map! :D

I think it's a good tradeoff to allow "what you already got" but disable
the progression for 6+ players servers.

The main reason for people not playing on a server would be the perks
being disabled in total.

Even though I just re-lowered the player amount from 10 to 6 on our
custom map server I'm sure people would still play on it without
progression, but I'll have to test that. ;)

That's a shame. I was having fun on my 32 player server. Guess it's back to KF-Perkbuilder for me until I get level 5s.

You sir are just lame! It's not really hard to level up, just play
the game it's meant to be played.

I'm level 5 Field Medic without really going for it, just healed my
team mates when they needed it for example.

I have to admit that the Commando isn't that easy to level as you
have to kill the rarest Z.E.D. in the whole game alot.
Most of the time the Stalkers go down in the massive shotgun fire
of my team mates.

Anyways, you can get all perks leveled with normal gameplay,
it just takes some time.

Who said that you need Level5 on all perks 4 weeks after the
game was released??

Upvote 0
You sir are just lame! It's not really hard to level up, just play
the game it's meant to be played.

I'm level 5 Field Medic without really going for it, just healed my
team mates when they needed it for example.

I have to admit that the Commando isn't that easy to level as you
have to kill the rarest Z.E.D. in the whole game alot.
Most of the time the Stalkers go down in the massive shotgun fire
of my team mates.

Anyways, you can get all perks leveled with normal gameplay,
it just takes some time.

Who said that you need Level5 on all perks 4 weeks after the
game was released??

Thanks. I just want to be able to spawn with a weapon so I don't have to fight for space in the trader room in big servers. I was content to play in the big servers to level, but that was taken away from me.

Upvote 0
That's a shame. I was having fun on my 32 player server. Guess it's back to KF-Perkbuilder for me until I get level 5s.

Because it's been proven to be impossible to have fun without everything maxed out.

:rolleyes:

Anyway, very nice update! I like all the changes. The game is designed for six players--anything more should be considered a mod as far as leveling perks and the like, since it's not the core game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think the move to disable perk leveling for servers with more than 6 players is totally wrong and will have a strong impact on those servers and the custom maps community.

Let me explain,
Many big servers such as the Syrential ones and other good ones such as AzureFPS were pretty much filled all day long, people really enjoyed playing there. But after this move, i think there will be a significant impact on those servers's population and other affected servers's population.
The custom maps community will also take a big hit, as many maps were designed for MORE than 6 players.

I, and many others, like playing in big servers, and it's not just in KF.
I can't see why to do such a thing, everything is pretty much scaled up to the amount of players, Specimen HP, Specimen count, etc.
Well the only thing that doesn't scale up is the Max Runtime Zombies but we took care of that in our servers, the Max Runtime Zombies is set to current amount of players connected multiplied by 4 with a minimum of 24. Perhaps TW can code a similiar solution instead of disabling perk leveling for such servers.

I hope TW will enable perk leveling for servers with more than 6 players before it gets too late.

Upvote 0
I think the move to disable perk leveling for servers with more than 6 players is totally wrong and will have a strong impact on those servers and the custom maps community.

Let me explain,
Many big servers such as the Syrential ones and other good ones such as AzureFPS were pretty much filled all day long, people really enjoyed playing there. But after this move, i think there will be a significant impact on those servers's population and other affected servers's population.
The custom maps community will also take a big hit, as many maps were designed for MORE than 6 players.

I, and many others, like playing in big servers, and it's not just in KF.
I can't see why to do such a thing, everything is pretty much scaled up to the amount of players, Specimen HP, Specimen count, etc.
Well the only thing that doesn't scale up is the Max Runtime Zombies but we took care of that in our servers, the Max Runtime Zombies is set to current amount of players connected multiplied by 4 with a minimum of 24. Perhaps TW can code a similiar solution instead of disabling perk leveling for such servers.

I hope TW will enable perk leveling for servers with more than 6 players before it gets too late.

Yea i agree, AzureFPS/RoxServers/Syrential and others were simply filled up. During the day half the servers would be full and in night time (GMT +1) all these servers are overloaded by players since its so damn fun to take on the horde of mobs with so many people.

The waves were adjusted to the amount of players online (altough i only seen 800 as max) and pretty much everybody would die when the fleshpounds came :p

I guess this time is over altough i cant see how its unfair to play on a high player server.

Maybe instead of punishing the people who are lvling the perks legally and having fun on high player servers you should take a look into fixing the ram exploid where one can hack there perk to lvl 5 within 10 min by using cheat engine?

Seriously.

I see Azure KF pretty much dead now, its such a shame.

Upvote 0
Yea i agree, AzureFPS/RoxServers/Syrential and others were simply filled up. During the day half the servers would be full and in night time (GMT +1) all these servers are overloaded by players since its so damn fun to take on the horde of mobs with so many people.

The waves were adjusted to the amount of players online (altough i only seen 800 as max) and pretty much everybody would die when the fleshpounds came :p

I guess this time is over altough i cant see how its unfair to play on a high player server.

Maybe instead of punishing the people who are lvling the perks legally and having fun on high player servers you should take a look into fixing the ram exploid where one can hack there perk to lvl 5 within 10 min by using cheat engine?

Seriously.

I see Azure KF pretty much dead now, its such a shame.

+1. Take a look at the Syrential and AzureFPS servers on game ranking. They're rated #2 and #4 and since the update their player base has dwindled.

All of the third party content I've seen has been for big servers, save for WestLondonAtNight. Just take a look at the maps section at kfmods.com.

I've been told to play normally to level my perks. I'd rather play the game the way I enjoy it. I played the stock maps for 80+ hours and now I'd rather explore the third party maps like Heresy, which need more than six players to play because they're so big. This update has really killed a lot of joy I got from the game. Now I'd rather play on the 32 player maps for a few hours, then play a levelling map for half an hour to make up for not raising my perks.

Upvote 0
It appears there is now a glitch with getting into profiles and achievements from the main menu. We're working on it and will fix it ASAP.

I REALLY hope you don't leave it like that over the weekend.

Also, I noticed (not a big deal but wtf) there was a square instead of a ! in one of the "loading" messages - something like...

"Watch out<square> The gorefast lives up to his name... watch him speeding in towards you!"

Don't know if you noticed.

Liking the changes of course. Are you going to fix any of the achievements soon? BTW thanks for disabling perks for 6+ servers; I really hated that trend. It really made the game far less enjoyable for me to go on them and they were sucking up the population that would play on proper servers.

Perhaps all those people will actually start playing the game the way it's meant to be played now? Let the flaming ensue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0