• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Guide up on GameFAQs

Tolil

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 22, 2009
3/06/09: Updated. Added some better formatting after trying some different ways, I know it was pretty hard to read before but I wanted to get the core thingy out. v0.61 adds triple-dash barriers in between sections in addition to the
[PRK] [WPN] etc. things for searching. Adds a small and partially incomplete achievement section. Once again, tips to include(You will be credited)/feedback/anything that isn't flaming are welcome. 2nd update on the way, read down to my second post.

Took like 2 days for it to show up, but it's there.
First releaseable version...I'm not gonna lie it's not the best but hey, at least it's something. Better than I figured my first real guide would be too. :D

Comments/constructive critisism are welcome...no flaming please. Suggestions/requests for additional content welcome. Stuff like tactics/information/confirmation on stuff (lots of values for guns/etc. have question marks, would like confirmation/corrections.) Email is listed on the FAQ...if you see any spelling/grammar errors please tell me what section it's in, and if it's under Shotgun or Commando or whatever. An excerpt from the thingy would be nice too. Example: "The quick brown for jumped over the lazy dgo." "You misspelled fox as for and dgo as dog in the sentence "blah blah blah" under the Examples section."

Any submissions/data/whatever that you give me to put in the guide will be credited! I don't wanna steal your stuff, y'know.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/959897/56700

EDIT: Wanted to mention, I might take a while to reply cause all emails not from contacts go to junk mail. If I don't reply in a few weeks, try me again. I'll probobly change it sometime soon if I get enough emails.

Last edited:
A few comments:

-Minor formatting errors

-Totally forgot to include the Hunting Shotgun, Crossbow, Lever Action Rifle, LAW, and Flamethrower in your weapons section...

-Didn't really accent the HUGE effect of some perk bonuses, like the Support's huge carry weight or the Medic's "Bionic Man" movement speed and armor.

-Didn't go over the default game levels (Manor, Biotics, Farm, WestLondon, Offices)

It's a good start, but it needs polish. Kudos on actually getting GameFAQs to post it, though. They're very picky.

Upvote 0
Not a bad start but it could use slightly better formatting.
I found certain sections to be too much of a textwall and annoying to read. Maybe add some dashes "-" or something here and there to make different points and make it easier to read.

It could also use more information.
Feel free to use any information you might need from my guide on this forum (the sticky)

All that aside, grats on getting a guide up on GameFaqs :)

Upvote 0
Updated. Added some better formatting after trying some different ways, I know it was pretty hard to read before but I wanted to get the core thingy out.

Totally forgot to include the Hunting Shotgun, Crossbow, Lever Action Rifle, LAW, and Flamethrower in your weapons section...

Thanks, will fix in next version.

-Didn't really accent the HUGE effect of some perk bonuses, like the Support's huge carry weight or the Medic's "Bionic Man" movement speed and armor.

I'll be adding more info on the different perks later on, wanted to just get something about them in there and the info on what they do.

Didn't go over the default game levels (Manor, Biotics, Farm, WestLondon, Offices)

I don't have any plans for a level guide currently, but if someone wants to submit one to me I can credit them and include it. Maybe later on I'll try doing one.

F6Knight:

Feel free to use any information you might need from my guide on this forum (the sticky)

Thanks alot...was going to ask you about that. :D I've included a link to your guide in the latest version, if you don't mind I'll use some of your tips in the next ones.

Next version should be submitted either today or tomorrow...but GameFAQs takes a little time to review, usually 1 or 2 days. Will include the missing weapons, possibly improve the perk section, and improve some other stuff.

Last edited:
Upvote 0