• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fleshpound rage

I think if a Fleshpound is enraged it should attack whoever enraged it unless another player is significantly closer to it.
As it is, if a Fleshpound has set its eyes on you and some idiot enrages it you are screwed because the Fleshpound will go after you. That's why I think it should attack whoever enraged it. People would think twice before enraging it then.
Agreed. The number of times I have carefully counted my shots, and timed the next load onto a safe Flesh Pound, only to have the Commando sitting 30 feet away start spamming it with bullets while it starts chasing me is too high to count. Even to the point where I warn people how to take it out before hand, or just claim a flesh pound as my own, it still happens. This could make things much more fair.

Upvote 0
The strategy wouldn't really change, only the fleshpound's target. As it is currently, you see a fleshpound walking after someone you can either decide to be a good sport and help taking it down slowly or you can be an asshole and just enrage it, knowing you would be completely safe from it anyway since it is already targeting someone else. The former is slow and latter is sadistic fun and potentially earns you the weapon the other guy was carrying. You have to actively be a nice guy for this to work out for everyone.

That's not how public servers work, unfortunately!
With the change I suggested people would still work together to take a fleshpound down slowly with one guy kiting it - just like before! BUT if someone wants to speed things up he has to put his own *** on the line instead of using someone else as a meat-shield.

I really don't see how this change would not be superior to the current system in every imaginable way.

Making him chase the aggressor would make him easier to deal with, just get 2 players slight far apart and they take turns angering him back and forth.

But think about it, the way the fp chases the player and not change its target is meant to be group breaking and annoying, the team needs to adapt if he chooses someone who isn

Upvote 0
I did something like this with the patriarch. We were in office, and in the parking lot. We had been beating on him for a while, and he went cloaked. It was me and a commando on one side, and the 3 others on the other side with more cover. Well, my commando friend was smacked back away from cover by the patriarch, he then pulled up his minigun, and was about to shoot my friend to death. I then jumped into his face, and unloaded a hunting shotty at him. He then took a knee and ran. Now, if that didn't make him want to go heal, I don't know if that would have worked. I would have figured 1. Kill me, 2. Kill friend, 3. Killed both of us. But I got lucky and he ran away. Was epic, but still, fp should do the same.

Upvote 0
I agreeeeeeee

I agreeeeeeee

I think if a Fleshpound is enraged it should attack whoever enraged it unless another player is significantly closer to it.
As it is, if a Fleshpound has set its eyes on you and some idiot enrages it you are screwed because the Fleshpound will go after you. That's why I think it should attack whoever enraged it. People would think twice before enraging it then.

I think that who ever shot it should pay the consequences. not you. not ur team mate. the noob who shot it. (BTW heres a tip don't fire at it. because i use 2 do that all the time and i use 2 get mashed into a sandwich. wait until your about 100 metres away from it and then shoot, get your knife out and run!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Upvote 0
Everyone posting their opinion of "but it works perfectly if the team actually plays as a team!" is absolutely right. But unfortunately it just does not work this way on a public server most of the time. Killing Floor doesnt force teamwork in the same way as Left 4 Dead. And the majority of players do not know or do not care how the Fleshpound's behaviour works.

The idea that it will become easy to beat because two players could just keep enraging it between them is wrong. The logic just needs to work in the same way as the Skrake.

At the moment I am playing as Medic every game just so I can outrun the FP, and as soon as I see it I run and let other people deal with it, because the chances are so high that otherwise I will be killed by my teammates' ignorance or idiocy.

Upvote 0
Making him chase the aggressor would make him easier to deal with, just get 2 players slight far apart and they take turns angering him back and forth.
If you are both so far away that he won't reach one of you when he is enraged you had NO problem with dealing with him whatsoever in the current state of the game, so it can hardly become any easier.

But think about it, the way the fp chases the player and not change its target is meant to be group breaking and annoying, the team needs to adapt if he chooses someone who isn

Reactions: Oldih
Upvote 0
The FP is fine as is, no exceptions. If you get killed because someone in your group decided to go ahead and shoot the FP, and it REALLY bothers you that much you had to sit part of a wave out, then find another group. If it bothers you that because someone enraged an FP and that FP wiped out the squad, find another group. If every time you see an FP coming you turn tail and run away to avoid dieing, stick yo solo mode with invincibility, because dieing is what happens in a first person shooter game. Goes with the territory, or so I thought.

The FP does help force or at the very least encourage people to work as a team. If people don't feel like playing as a team, then the chances of the team succeeding become slimmer and slimmer. It is possible for individuals to take down an FP in Normal mode, even in a server with 6 people. I used to do it all the time using only a few grenades and a couple twin blasts from the hunting shotgun. As for other weapons, the Bullpup is a waste of ammo. You can hose him with several magazines before killing him- a waste of 80-120 rounds, right? A crossbowman is also quite effective, if used in a map where there is much space between the FP and your team, requiring only a handful of shots, though at their cost they could be better spent elsewhere.

The idea that the FP should do what all the other specimens do is rediculous. Almost every other specimen will target you if you wound it or block its path to its original target. If the FP did so as well, we wouldn't be complaining about his random targetting anymore- people would be whining about how there is no variety in the enemy AI. Leave the FP alone, and learn to adapt your individual playing style to suit a game that requires teamwork. A majority of the people complaining about his targetting style are also pointing out how the people they play with fail to work as a team. The game is EASY when you get a full team of people who are willing to work as a team, and its not impossible to find such a thing either.

Upvote 0
Very nicely put by Murphy. I... Can't think of anything else to say that's just as constructive, honestly.

On a random note, perhaps a riot shield for the designated tank could help in that situation? Although that could make things a tad too easy if the shield-bearer just parks themselves in a doorway while everyone else shoots past them.

Upvote 0
The FP is fine as is, no exceptions. If you get killed because someone in your group decided to go ahead and shoot the FP, and it REALLY bothers you that much you had to sit part of a wave out, then find another group. If it bothers you that because someone enraged an FP and that FP wiped out the squad, find another group. If every time you see an FP coming you turn tail and run away to avoid dieing, stick yo solo mode with invincibility, because dieing is what happens in a first person shooter game. Goes with the territory, or so I thought.
lolwut?
You could have just written "n00b" and be done with it.

I'm going to reply anyway, since I'm such a nice guy and I have a soft spot for trolls with dramatic names:
Solo mode is a first person shooter too.;)

My guess is YOU are the one who doesn't want to die and would rather get some n00bs killed than bite the dust yourself. Goes with the territory, right?
My suggestion would not save any lives at all, so save your "you just don't wanna die, n00b" for an occasion where it applies. It would just change who gets punished for someone's stupidity.

Upvote 0
I think it adds strategy for the FP to only have tunnel vision for one survivor. If your playing with strangers and they enrage it, they obvious don't know what they are doing and you just bail on them. I've let plenty a retard run to his death.

"WTF?! Why didn't you help me?"
There's no helping the unhelpful.

Of course is no way to battle griefers unless FF is on. The only choice is to not work with them and if they are good, they can survive while griefing. I guess player bans should be put into the game...and if it already is, fire up the voting to ban his noob ***.

All in all, I like FPs zooming in on one person and considering this a bug is like considering unwelding doors a bug. If you don't like it, tuff nuggets.

Upvote 0
lolwut?
You could have just written "n00b" and be done with it.

I'm going to reply anyway, since I'm such a nice guy and I have a soft spot for trolls with dramatic names:
Solo mode is a first person shooter too.;)

My guess is YOU are the one who doesn't want to die and would rather get some n00bs killed than bite the dust yourself. Goes with the territory, right?
My suggestion would not save any lives at all, so save your "you just don't wanna die, n00b" for an occasion where it applies. It would just change who gets punished for someone's stupidity.

Real men die fighting, not running. How many times have you pulled the knife on the FP instead of the Meds?

Upvote 0