• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design (WIP) Shaun of The Dead - Winchester Bar

Just finishing off texturing for the pub.

3579891276_f390fa6fae.jpg

Upvote 0
Cheers, anyone got any ideas on the map layout?

The recent pikkies are starting to show off the scale and theme a lot better now.

For maximum fun and movement, I'd suggest linking layout to trader placement and natural zones.

How about something like a trader inside the Winchester, one in a house, one at the far end in someone's garden, one in a garage, and one in a corner shop.

As for zones, how about the Winchester area and front, the backgarden alleys, some garden runs through broken fences, the streets, and small local park or some other public amenity.

Upvote 0
Looks pretty good.

I like those flats or townhouses or whatever they're called. Are they all static meshes you made?

It's nice to see maps that look like they're actually set in England (you, know...the setting of the game) instead of random places like many maps.

I want to make a nice urban map, but I'm not familiar enough with the way English towns and cities look and feel to really feel comfortable making one yet. I watched Shaun of the Dead for inspiration, though.:D

Upvote 0
The houses, pub and the red shop (opposite the pub) are all static meshes made by me. I'v stolen a few tall buildings from westlondon to place in the background, otherwise it would be wierd with too many low buildings everywhere.

I'v already got pathways running behind houses, and a few blocked off streets, and a garden and house you can run straight through, with a few broken fences. But I only have 3 planned trader locations at the moment, one opposite the pub in the shop, one in the middle of the alley ways in a garage, and one probably in a shed in someones back garden.

I'm running out of time at the moment so I havn't been able to create any more static meshes like the pub. Maybe if people like the map a lot, I will upgrade it later. As for now, it's just tidying everything up and putting in pathways and doors and stuff, and also furnishing the pub. Oh gawd the sky has just gone a dark grey, looks like it will be rain.... typical english weather in the summer eh? :D

Upvote 0