• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Halfway Boss

[Luky]Ace

Grizzled Veteran
May 9, 2009
US of A
I was thinking maybe the game could throw in a boss when you're halfway through that wave/whole game.
ex.:
Wave 1//10 - 100 kills
When you get to 50 kills, spawn a boss (i'll tell you my boss idea in a sec) that takes as much time to kill as a Patriarch, or a little less time. Deals less dmg, etc.

Or the other way:
ex.:
Wave 5/10 - 200 kills
show a warning message saying:
-Warning! Halfway boss approaching!-
then that's that.

My boss idea was:
A specimen who masters in swords (not like the Gorefast), such as longswords and stuff that reach at a distance (let's say 3m or so.. mak him dangerous). And the scientist tried to merge two humans into 1!!, BUT something went horribly wrong, oh no! and the specimen has a muscular core, and what not, such as upper/lower body, but now has 4 arms! so what does he wield? 4 swords.

In short:
Specimen with 4 arms, 2 legs, 1 head, muscular, pulsing chest (2 hearts), and wields 4 swords that reach at least 3m in length, and deal about 8 dmg per hit on HP and 5 dmg per hit on armor

Good idea

Good idea

I like the idea of a halfway boss. But the boss idea you had could be better. I think it should be something very unique

IDEA: i like the 2 in 1 thing. I think it shoud be big like a gorefast but with 2 heads and a big @$$ club. He could be fast(not to fast) hard to kill and a fun battle.

Upvote 0
Off topic:
WOOHOO I has a good idea finally :p no one listens to me very much on Cheat Engine :/

On-Topic:
@clotking:
did you mean a Fleshpound? lol gorefasts are skinny and fast, with low hp :p
Fleshes are slow if you don't hit em, then EXTREMELY UBER HELLA FAST when you hit em, super beastly, and like a 3 hit kill (even if you have armour!)
And yea, i'd say a little bit slower than a gorefast without being hit.
The gorefasts though, are actually slow.. they get triggered with something.. i don't know what to call it.. it's their aggresiveness meter thingy.. when they get to close they go ballistic, maybe that would do good on the halfway. Gorefast aggro speed (normal) then when he sees you, Fleshpound beastly speed.
The club's a good idea, too.. hmm, maybe a sledge hammer :D
and the 2 heads acting as the damage areas.. cover him in armor except for a few places: heads, LOWER leg (lol), and lower arm, maybe stomach? that might make him harder than the patriarch :)
I like to expand off ppl's ideas :D maybe too much xD

@Lucky_Fr4gg3r:
Short and Long games.. Medium games would be kind of hard to determine the middle of the whole game, seeing as they only have 7 waves.. but then that'd completely wipe medium games off the list... hmm.. we can only wait and see what they do :p

Upvote 0
I would like a halfway boss as well, maybe one with a pair of pincers for hands, and a big shark mouth or even a leech mouth so that eating players would restore its strength.

Make it a giant enemy crab. You have to change a lot of weapons in real-time, so you can knock it on it's back with powerful weapons (Shotguns, LAWs, Crossbows), then attack it's weak point for MASSIVE DAMAGE with more rapid fire weapons (Bullpup, Handcannon, ect).

Upvote 0
Gets my vote, halfway boss would be brilliant. No idea of what it should be..

How about it carries a Lee-enfield and when you kill it you can have the rifle :O I am a genius. Oh, but if i was playing, the rifle would fly towards me and never leave. Yeah thats a good idea!

But yeah halfway boss is a nice idea, go on Devs you know you want to :)

Upvote 0