• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Gun Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i would love to see more rifles from our arsenel of awsomeness:

Firstly would like to see vareints of the SA80 along with the standard:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/85/SA-80_rifle_1996.jpg[url]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/85/SA-80_rifle_1996.jpg[/URL]
This is the standard issuse L85A2 which is currently in service. This gun would be good becasue it would have a small scope with some zoom (very little) for more range but at the cost of some of ur view around u when zoomed.

Another weapon i would love to see is the british GPMG (General Perpose Macine Gun) GIMPY its nick name (L7A2 its offical name) is the main MG used by british forces. This weapon can be carried and shot and also mounted on a tripod for accuracy. This weapon would be a very good weapon to add to Killing Floor becasue the varity of tactics avalible would increse ten fold with this gun. This gun would be amazing for holding hallways but u would be at the large risk of getting killed if enemys got close as it would take time to dismantle the tripod. It could be fired standing up but would be a very large cost of accuracy. This would go to the support class :D
http://www.eliteukforces.info/weapons/GPMG/[url]http://www.eliteukforces.info/weapons/GPMG/[/URL]
http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/support-weapons/1463.aspx[url]http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/support-weapons/1463.aspx[/URL]
gpmg_410px.jpg

I would like something like that too

Upvote 0
Well i would love to see more rifles from our arsenel of awsomeness:

Another weapon i would love to see is the british GPMG (General Perpose Macine Gun) GIMPY its nick name (L7A2 its offical name) is the main MG used by british forces. This weapon can be carried and shot and also mounted on a tripod for accuracy. This weapon would be a very good weapon to add to Killing Floor becasue the varity of tactics avalible would increse ten fold with this gun. This gun would be amazing for holding hallways but u would be at the large risk of getting killed if enemys got close as it would take time to dismantle the tripod. It could be fired standing up but would be a very large cost of accuracy. This would go to the support class :D
http://www.eliteukforces.info/weapons/GPMG/[url]http://www.eliteukforces.info/weapons/GPMG/[/URL]
http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/support-weapons/1463.aspx[url]http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/support-weapons/1463.aspx[/URL]
gpmg_410px.jpg

i must say the links you posted are quality links o_O
both state that the L7A2 uses 7.62x61 NATO rounds
afaik there is nothing as 7.62x61, only 7.62x51 NATO (aka .308 win) or 7.62x63 (aka .30-06)

Upvote 0
The Lightsaber

The Lightsaber

The Lightsaber is a high powered energy emitter developed in 1985 by me. Basically the weapon forces out a high powered beam of energy from it's hilt that burns stuff. I think they should add this weapon because as well as being a deadly offensive weapon it could allow the introduction of a new perk "The Chef" Using the heat created by the pure goodnesss energy the lightsaber could effectvley cook flesh and produce tasty meals for all.

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/6/12/633488359870176648-lightsaber.jpg[url]http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/6/12/633488359870176648-lightsaber.jpg[/URL]

Upvote 0
Alex I have more than one Email address.

Anyway
G36
300px-Domok_g36.JPG

German 5.56mm assault rifle,
Chugs out bullets
Into Clones / Specimens

Is big.
Uhm.
Large Ammo capacity, fairly innacurate, Medium damage, perfect crowd control weapon besides the shotgun.

Class?
I don't know. I haven't even played the game,
All that matters is big bullets into big specimens which leaves plenty of big shiney things left to shoot into more big specimens?

Other than the above, I vote for Chickens Idea

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ktr-80

Ktr-80

KTR08.jpg

KTR-80, I could not find a picture with a bayonet attached but it is accessible to be equip with one as i think it should into this game. Although it is only a semi automatic rifle i think being made an automatic rifle in this game would make it a good weapon for a commando or a berserker. the commando would have some attributes of its perk to the actual fire power of the gun and a berserker would have perks to the melee side of the weapon, it also might be good for medics.

Controls:
Primary Fire = Shoot
Alt Fire = Bayonet
Toggle Sights = Iron Sights

Upvote 0
Ok so wow..interesting thread.
First off...Zeptorem is correct in his details.
And before someone dares to say it. No, I am not Zept. No, I am not a fanboy of his. Yes, I am a fellow firearms owner and am willing to back up someone who actually knows what they are talking about.
Philosoraptor is just an idiot from what I can tell.
A lot of the weapons posted have no place in KF.

In my opinion (And hey, that is the only one I care about) the weapons that need to be in KF need to be either of British origin or available in Britian. (Which because of their stupid gun laws..isn't much. (I am not 100% knowledgeable on their jokes of gun laws before someone tries to tear comment apart)).

Russian weapons, old weapons, etc need not to be in this game. I love russian weapons personally, I own an AK-47 along with a Olympic Arms K3B-M4..(milspec M4 short of Full Auto/Burst fire modes). I prefer the AK-47 but it just doesn't fit in KF. I wish it did..god do I wish it did, but it doesn't so lets grow up and drop it.

The MP5..I hate to admit does sorta fit since it is in heavy use by NATO Police force types. Its a good gun, but I just despise 9mm. I own two guns in 9mm..a Sig P228 in 9mm Para and a Polish P-64 in 9x18mm Mak. I own three in .45ACP, a Colt 1911A1, H&K USP and a Glock 30. I prefer .45ACP for its knockdown power...so I would prefer to see a H&K UMP over the H&K MP5 in the game but the UMP is not as widespread since the .45ACP is not as widespread in police/military outside of the United States. (There are some exceptions I am sure, but I am speaking on a general basis here).

As for putting the MP5 in the game..it would have a higher rate of fire over the bullpup but less stopping power and accuracy outside of its designed ranges (generally CQB/Close Quarters Battle ranges). Translation..it would be good on Office or Biotech Lab (Forgot the name of it) but would not be so good on Farm or West London.

The last reason for inclusion of the MP5 is as follows. For sharpshooter there are two options. Lever Action Rifle which has a higher rate of fire, less damage, and less accuracy than the second choice, the Crossbow, which has a high damage and high accuracy with a low rate of fire. The commando has only one choice..the Bullpup. Every perk/class/whatever deserves TWO choices that each go towards different types of gameplay.
No, I do not play as commando. I am a sharpshooter and I always use the Lever Action because I don't need the extra damage because I can do headshot after headshot without a problem so I prefer the higher rate of fire.

Now then. Yes I know the thread states on suggestion..but technically I haven't made mine yet. I am just adding some...sense and sensible arguments to some currently suggested weapons.

As for something for the Firebug. I disagree with the idea of a grenade launcher, even if it is only an old M79 'Blooper'. Give the firebug the M202A1 Flash. As someone else said, its an Incendiary launcher. Why did the US Military replace the flamethrower with it? One reason was increased range and the second was that if the launcher is shot..the operator is not engulfed in flames. Its a superior weapon with a higher damage and more accuracy over range compared to the flamethrower even though its rate of fire sucks comparetively speaking. Speaking as someone who has had their hands on a M202A1 (Uncle has a decommissioned unit), reloading it after you fire the 4 shots...is a damn long and drawn out process!

Granted the Flash is a US Military weapon, I really see nothing else to be added to the firebug that would offer a trully alternative playstyle over the flamethrower.

I also believe someone suggested the British variant (in name at least) of the Benelli M4 shotgun. This needs to..NOT be brought into the game. It's a great weapon but would mess with balance. Fact is this, the Benelli M4 and the current Benelli M2 (I believe since it lacks the Semi-Auto/Pump selector of the M3) share the same cartridge..so no damage differences. Both fire from standard bore chokes and share the same relative barrel lengths so they would have very close accuracy (if that word can trully be applied to a shotgun). They also have the same magazine capacity of 6 rounds (Even if the game says it has 8...for some reason.) The only difference is the rate of fire which would make the M4 rain supreme and make the current pump action worthless. And no, it should not be made into a special weapon...we have the coach gun (The 'hunting shotgun'. Coach gun is a generic term to describe a shotgun with two barrels oriented in side by side style.)

Now for my...Suggestion.
Riot Shield + Billyclub for Berzerker.
Lets discuss this for a moment. The Berzerker perk is meant to place a person up right at the front of the fight.
The berzerker gets the machete or Axe early on (Waves wise) and then upgrades to the Chainsaw. Well..thats nice. What about another choice for later on (IE: The same time you get the chainsaw).
With a riot shield (Which are EASILY found in Britian...) and a Billyclub or other riot type enforcement stick the berzerker would be able to fufill another role. First they can still do melee damage with the billyclub. But also with the riotshield they would be able to A)Protect themselves a bit...but also Block Doorways.

Here's the scenario. Your team has welded shut the back door and there is only one door leading in. You can't weld it or it would rather defeat the whole..purpose of the game. But having specimens run in would be bad. So place a berzerker with riot shield and beatstick in the doorway to block it. To balance this out, say the riot shield only comes up if the player is crouched (For balance). This way the other members can shoot over the berzerker. The berzerker would need some way to gain cash/experience in this method though.

I welcome critisism on this idea of mine..but don't be a smacktard. Don't just say 'no', give some reasons or your comment will be ignored like birthcontrol by a crack-ho.

Upvote 0
I agree that the crossbow be replaced by the L115A3, which is Britain's latest sniper implement.

Accuracy_International_Arctic_Warfare_-_Psg_90.jpg

Typical 5-round box detachable magazine and is good up to a kilometer or greater. Sounds like the ideal crossbow replacement, and something a bit more sensible.

The only bloody reason for anything like a WW2 rifle being in the game is simply because an old war veteran had it lying around, such as a bring-back Enfield No.4 Mk.1 or perhaps a trophy Karabiner 98k. However, just randomly tossing in STG-44's and AK-47's seems a bit irrational and immersion-breaking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
UMP45

hkump45.jpg

For the Commando of course. In my perfect world, I'd like to see the Bullpup made more powerful and expensive, so that we can give this perk a second weapon. Unlike the MP5, the UMP was apparently designed for use on unarmored targets. The .45 is no doubt a potent round for that role. I think it would be perfect as a starter weapon to chew on clots with despite its 25 round magazine and comparatively low rate of fire. The weapon also would balance itself into a starter gun role further with its atrocious recoil when fired on full auto.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok so wow..interesting thread.
First off...Zeptorem is correct in his details.
And before someone dares to say it. No, I am not Zept. No, I am not a fanboy of his. Yes, I am a fellow firearms owner and am willing to back up someone who actually knows what they are talking about.
Philosoraptor is just an idiot from what I can tell.
A lot of the weapons posted have no place in KF.

In my opinion (And hey, that is the only one I care about) the weapons that need to be in KF need to be either of British origin or available in Britian. (Which because of their stupid gun laws..isn't much. (I am not 100% knowledgeable on their jokes of gun laws before someone tries to tear comment apart)).

Russian weapons, old weapons, etc need not to be in this game. I love russian weapons personally, I own an AK-47 along with a Olympic Arms K3B-M4..(milspec M4 short of Full Auto/Burst fire modes). I prefer the AK-47 but it just doesn't fit in KF. I wish it did..god do I wish it did, but it doesn't so lets grow up and drop it.

The MP5..I hate to admit does sorta fit since it is in heavy use by NATO Police force types. Its a good gun, but I just despise 9mm. I own two guns in 9mm..a Sig P228 in 9mm Para and a Polish P-64 in 9x18mm Mak. I own three in .45ACP, a Colt 1911A1, H&K USP and a Glock 30. I prefer .45ACP for its knockdown power...so I would prefer to see a H&K UMP over the H&K MP5 in the game but the UMP is not as widespread since the .45ACP is not as widespread in police/military outside of the United States. (There are some exceptions I am sure, but I am speaking on a general basis here).

As for putting the MP5 in the game..it would have a higher rate of fire over the bullpup but less stopping power and accuracy outside of its designed ranges (generally CQB/Close Quarters Battle ranges). Translation..it would be good on Office or Biotech Lab (Forgot the name of it) but would not be so good on Farm or West London.

The last reason for inclusion of the MP5 is as follows. For sharpshooter there are two options. Lever Action Rifle which has a higher rate of fire, less damage, and less accuracy than the second choice, the Crossbow, which has a high damage and high accuracy with a low rate of fire. The commando has only one choice..the Bullpup. Every perk/class/whatever deserves TWO choices that each go towards different types of gameplay.
No, I do not play as commando. I am a sharpshooter and I always use the Lever Action because I don't need the extra damage because I can do headshot after headshot without a problem so I prefer the higher rate of fire.

Now then. Yes I know the thread states on suggestion..but technically I haven't made mine yet. I am just adding some...sense and sensible arguments to some currently suggested weapons.

As for something for the Firebug. I disagree with the idea of a grenade launcher, even if it is only an old M79 'Blooper'. Give the firebug the M202A1 Flash. As someone else said, its an Incendiary launcher. Why did the US Military replace the flamethrower with it? One reason was increased range and the second was that if the launcher is shot..the operator is not engulfed in flames. Its a superior weapon with a higher damage and more accuracy over range compared to the flamethrower even though its rate of fire sucks comparetively speaking. Speaking as someone who has had their hands on a M202A1 (Uncle has a decommissioned unit), reloading it after you fire the 4 shots...is a damn long and drawn out process!

Granted the Flash is a US Military weapon, I really see nothing else to be added to the firebug that would offer a trully alternative playstyle over the flamethrower.

I also believe someone suggested the British variant (in name at least) of the Benelli M4 shotgun. This needs to..NOT be brought into the game. It's a great weapon but would mess with balance. Fact is this, the Benelli M4 and the current Benelli M2 (I believe since it lacks the Semi-Auto/Pump selector of the M3) share the same cartridge..so no damage differences. Both fire from standard bore chokes and share the same relative barrel lengths so they would have very close accuracy (if that word can trully be applied to a shotgun). They also have the same magazine capacity of 6 rounds (Even if the game says it has 8...for some reason.) The only difference is the rate of fire which would make the M4 rain supreme and make the current pump action worthless. And no, it should not be made into a special weapon...we have the coach gun (The 'hunting shotgun'. Coach gun is a generic term to describe a shotgun with two barrels oriented in side by side style.)

Now for my...Suggestion.
Riot Shield + Billyclub for Berzerker.
Lets discuss this for a moment. The Berzerker perk is meant to place a person up right at the front of the fight.
The berzerker gets the machete or Axe early on (Waves wise) and then upgrades to the Chainsaw. Well..thats nice. What about another choice for later on (IE: The same time you get the chainsaw).
With a riot shield (Which are EASILY found in Britian...) and a Billyclub or other riot type enforcement stick the berzerker would be able to fufill another role. First they can still do melee damage with the billyclub. But also with the riotshield they would be able to A)Protect themselves a bit...but also Block Doorways.

Here's the scenario. Your team has welded shut the back door and there is only one door leading in. You can't weld it or it would rather defeat the whole..purpose of the game. But having specimens run in would be bad. So place a berzerker with riot shield and beatstick in the doorway to block it. To balance this out, say the riot shield only comes up if the player is crouched (For balance). This way the other members can shoot over the berzerker. The berzerker would need some way to gain cash/experience in this method though.

I welcome critisism on this idea of mine..but don't be a smacktard. Don't just say 'no', give some reasons or your comment will be ignored like birthcontrol by a crack-ho.
TLDR. Probably is Zeptorem or is a fanboy. Seems like he might be 14.

Upvote 0
I hate to ask, but..
Why so serious?

It's a zombie game, people should start focusing on the specimens / clones instead of all the weapons and the ammo types, all the 'This is commonly used and this isn't'.
This isn't Counterstrike. KF is gonna change from what it used to be into a 'lets wait for this bar to finish merging my mags together' game.

Anyway, I was gonna suggest the Ump45 over the Mp5.
Higher recoil, slower RoF, but More damage

Upvote 0
because this forum is full of realism and gunnuts :D
even if they (and i myself) know that KF is just a funny unrealistic zombieshoter, mostz ppl still want some kind of realism to firearms
it just feels better :)

and btw why would the UMP have any to speak of recoil?
ive fired the thompson and that thing nearly has no recoil

Last edited:
Upvote 0
because this forum is full of realism and gunnuts :D
even if they (and i myself) know that KF is just a funny unrealistic zombieshoter, mostz ppl still want some kind of realism to firearms
it just feels better :)

and btw why would the UMP have any to speak of recoil?
ive fired the thompson and that thing nearly has no recoil

Because the thompson weighs 10 lbs, and the UMP weighs 5.

Upvote 0
Alex I have more than one Email address.

Anyway
G36
300px-Domok_g36.JPG

German 5.56mm assault rifle,
Chugs out bullets
Into Clones / Specimens

Is big.
Uhm.
Large Ammo capacity, fairly innacurate, Medium damage, perfect crowd control weapon besides the shotgun.

Class?
I don't know. I haven't even played the game,
All that matters is big bullets into big specimens which leaves plenty of big shiney things left to shoot into more big specimens?

Other than the above, I vote for Chickens Idea

That's a G36k you ahve there, would definately not be inaccurate as it is made to be more accurate than a standard G36(which is not bad itself) Otherwise why would it have an in-built scope...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.