• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server providers that offer more than 6 slots?

If you want the game be a commercial success you are somehow forced to let it be modded on players demand anyway.
not supporting more players capacity would be like not supporting custom maps, would kill the game really fast.
I love this game but face it, if you play the original mp version on original maps only it gets boring really fast.

It won't kill the game to support as many players as it was intended for. 6. They'll keep supporting the game with 6 players in mind and the modded servers are just modded. I am sure they'll do nothing against people with overstuffed servers but they won't be thinking about those while they add their new content, etc nor should they. This isn't TF2 or Battlefield and you might as well go back to those if you want this to be the same. It ruins the whole small group of survivors thing with 32 or 150 people. Kind of like how in Resident Evil there weren't hundreds of people running around, cuz they were mostly dead. It wasn't intended for that many. You're making money off modded servers that will likely get no support in the end. Which could turn into fraud cases.

The folks at Tripwire should make it so those servers aren't even shown in the lists. You're lucky they haven't. What's the big deal? Since they're modded from the inside out they shouldn't be on there with the rest anyways. If you really care about your modded servers you wouldn't mind much if they weren't shown at all. After all it's for the love of the game, right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
BS, you want to sell/rent servers as much, that's your job - fine.
Don't say the game gets "boring really fast" because that's just your self-interest-opinion - BULL****.

:)

/thread.

Not really, I posted my player opinion not gsp one. And if ppl dont play KF they will play another game and rent servers too so it doesnt affect my business in any way.

Upvote 0
You're making money off modded servers that will likely get no support in the end. Which could turn into fraud cases.

The folks at Tripwire should make it so those servers aren't even shown in the lists. You're lucky they haven't. What's the big deal? Since they're modded from the inside out they shouldn't be on there with the rest anyways. If you really care about your modded servers you wouldn't mind much if they weren't shown at all. After all it's for the love of the game, right?

are u kidding?
Actually I host a 32 slots public server but I didnt sell any modded server so Im not making any money off it. Not to mention that selling 4*6 slots or 1*24 gives same result.
I saw a demand about 6+ slots servers so I ran tests, figured out it was stable up to 60 players but i offer "only" up to 32 slots giving same support as for any other game.
But looks like ppl who rent servers prefer a standard one, the "big" servers are more for some fun from times to times and no1 yet wanted to pay for that. Maybe if some team/clan made of 10 players wanting to play together... but not hte case yet.

Upvote 0
are u kidding?
Actually I host a 32 slots public server but I didnt sell any modded server so Im not making any money off it. Not to mention that selling 4*6 slots or 1*24 gives same result.
I saw a demand about 6+ slots servers so I ran tests, figured out it was stable up to 60 players but i offer "only" up to 32 slots giving same support as for any other game.
But looks like ppl who rent servers prefer a standard one, the "big" servers are more for some fun from times to times and no1 yet wanted to pay for that. Maybe if some team/clan made of 10 players wanting to play together... but not hte case yet.

Do your servers have perks disabled?
I'm just wondering :D

Upvote 0
I have heard/read that TWI people really love playing l4d.
-- Probably that's why they limited max player number. :D

I've been playing Killing Floor mod (the one the game was made of) for a very long time and people always have played on 10+ man servers.

All 6p servers have been very unpopular.

No idea why they limited the KFgame like that.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I support the 6+ with increased spawn server movement, they simply provide a vastly superior game experience compared to 6 player 32 wave.

After setting up my box to run 6-10 slots with 64 spawns I simply cannot enjoy vanilla KF anymore. It quite frankly lacks the intensity and dynamic of the more hectic large scale battles.

I applaud RoxServers for providing these type of servers. Hopefully we will soon start seeing this kind of service from U.S server providers.

Upvote 0
I hope they will offer more locations

it is planned but not scheduled.
We used to be a small non profit organization, we are a company only since may 1st, we invested some money in new machines and several software licences to offer professional solutions to our customers altho we kept our prices intact, as low as they should be.
RoxServers was originally created to show that it was possible to make low (normal) prices on game servers cuz most of european GSP are just ripping off money from their customers with their amazing high prices (especially in france, you can find famous GSP offering a 20 slots private for 69

Upvote 0
I will look into more slots for Go Network Servers, if it doesn't violate trip wire game agreement, or such.

I got some inqueries about hosting more slots and I think its okay, but i will ask trip wire before proceeding. :)

you dont need to ask permission, they officially do not support more than 6 slots but they are not gona dictate you how to run your business.
Not to mention the game was designed to let a possibility of increasing the game slots and keep it balanced with the zombies HP and numbers increasing proportionaly to the players amount.
The game was made for 6 players so they will support and update it in this way only but you are free to mod it how you like.

You will just have to focuse on how to get this working automatically cuz u cant sell servers to ppl if they have to type manually commands that require ofc them to be on the server to keep the slots amount up. Took me few hours, had to tweak not only the game but my OS and control panel but finally got it working fine with no kicks between maps.

Upvote 0
I will look into more slots for Go Network Servers, if it doesn't violate trip wire game agreement, or such.

I got some inqueries about hosting more slots and I think its okay, but i will ask trip wire before proceeding. :)

Don't forget the hack job method of using firefox + autorefresh
Code:
[/URL][URL="http://admin:[email protected]:8075/ServerAdmin/current_console?SendText=set"]http://admin:[email protected]:8075/ServerAdmin/current_console?SendText=set[/URL] Engine.GameInfo MaxPlayers 20

Upvote 0
Don't forget the hack job method of using firefox + autorefresh
Code:
[URL="http://admin:[email protected]:8075/ServerAdmin/current_console?SendText=set"]http://admin:[email protected]:8075/ServerAdmin/current_console?SendText=set[/URL] Engine.GameInfo MaxPlayers 20

when u sell servers you need to expect customers change the admin login and/or admin password and then the autorefresh stuff will return a login failure unless you find a way autoadjust the url to a change in the killingfloor.ini Good luck with that.

Upvote 0
when u sell servers you need to expect customers change the admin login and/or admin password and then the autorefresh stuff will return a login failure unless you find a way autoadjust the url to a change in the killingfloor.ini Good luck with that.

On a linux server thats a trivial bit of scripting to be fair.

Starting hints ;)

cat KillingFloor.ini | grep AdminN | cut -d "=" -f2
cat KillingFloor.ini | grep AdminP | cut -d "=" -f2

There is your method for finding the username/password strings.

Slap them into variables, use a bash script to send the url with user/pass variables to the server and your sorted (all perfectly doable with a little bash scripting). Pretty simple.

Upvote 0