• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No Scrake Headshot?

Electrocuuute

Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2009
With every other specimen (Patriarch and Siren excluded), you can decap them and let them bleed out.
In my experiences (and those of whom I've questioned), it's impossible to behead a scrake without it's health being extremely low.
I find this quite unfair, since it is possible to do so with the Fleshpound, which saves a lot of ammo, time, and possibly teammates. I don't really care about the Siren since she has low health compared to the more difficult specimens.

Anyone else back me up on the idea of making decapitation for the Scrake (and Siren if you choose so) possible?

You can shoot any zombies heads off, trust me, the siren is very challenging though, because it's head is the weapon, so in order to get a hs on it, you need to shoot it about 1-3x then in the head.

The Scrake is even more challenging, being a tank, he has a lot of hp (not as much as fleshpound), so you need to implement more damage on him.. it only takes 2 double shots with a hunting shotgun anyways..

Patriarch.. it IS possible, but I don't think it counts for anything.. i'm not sure how i come up with that, but I've gotten a hs on him with the hunting shotgun, the spread on that gun helps a lot sometimes, if that doesnt work, you just need to blast him a lot up close with it, but be careful.

In short:
You can turn any monster into a giblet (not really sure how..) or get a headshot on it.

Upvote 0
you can't just shoot it's head off right away..
the only way of getting a headshot on the Patriarch is if it is at the last shot it can take and you shoot it in the head. Then you see all those brains and what not.
That is the same with Flesh, Scrake, and Siren.. They are powerhouses.. not so much siren, that's just where her power is.

Upvote 0
No no, it's not about getting headshot, that's easy enough. It's about decapitating a zombie so that it dies by bleeding out. The idea is that you take off its head with much less firepower than would otherwise require if you kill it legit.

Best example is bloat, which could take alot of punishment to the gut, but loses it's head very easily and would then walk around aimlessly before dying.

Upvote 0
No no, it's not about getting headshot, that's easy enough. It's about decapitating a zombie so that it dies by bleeding out. The idea is that you take off its head with much less firepower than would otherwise require if you kill it legit.

Best example is bloat, which could take alot of punishment to the gut, but loses it's head very easily and would then walk around aimlessly before dying.

My point exactly.
I would understand if they made the headshot hitbox a lot harder for the
"powerhouses", but I don't understand why it's so damn hard to decap the scrake.

I understand it for the Patriarch though, that makes sense seeing as how he's the boss.

Upvote 0
It's just that the Scrake is close to the hardest to headshot next to the siren. It's simply because they have a low neck so their heads aren't prominent, thus you don't feel as if you are truly headshotting them.

Try the crossbow, its pinpoint accuracy will give you fleshpound and scrake headshots like no ones business, and if you don't headshot the siren, you'll atleast kill her with its power.

Upvote 0
Scrakes, Fleshpounds, and the Patriarch can't die from single headshots.

Sirens can though.

Personally I'd like to be able to at least decapitate Scrakes and FPs as easily as the other lesser specimens. It's frustrating that there's seemingly no effect with headshots until their health is down low enough that they're almost dead anyway.

Upvote 0