• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stability Issues/Bugs After Latest Patch (5/21)

I've been playing KF since release and it's been rock solid for me up until right after the patch that was just released last night.

I've always ran a listen server for my friends to join in on, and it's worked just fine, but after the last patch, my perks appear to be completely broken on it, I can't even switch classes. Everyone else can view/change their perks just fine, but I can't, hitting escape just shows a blank window instead of my perks.

I made a quick video demonstrating the bug, so that should be far more valuable than going into a more lengthy description.

The second issue is a crash, it's been running great on my computer up until last night with the patch; since then it crashed to desktop with the following message:

KillingFloor_crashreport.jpg

Leading up to this, I was playing on a server with messages appearing at the bottom every 20 seconds or so; the game would start freezing for a second or so at a time maybe every other time the messages at the bottom appeared. I think this may have been a coincidence though as I'm pretty sure it froze every so often without the message popping up.

After maybe 8-10 minutes of gameplay like this, I was disconnected from the server and seconds later it crashed to the desktop with the above error.

General PC specs:

Vista x64
Core i7 940
Asus P6T Deluxe
12GB Corsair DDR3 1600 (2GB x 6)
EVGA 9800GX2 w/ 185.85 WHQL drivers
Creative X-Fi

The KillingFloor.log and full Dxdiag info .txt is also attached.

Attachments

• KillingFloor.log
    235.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    50.2 KB · Views: 0
It looks as though your video card is having issues with the game. Are other games still playing fine?

Yeah all other games were fine. I think it was Steam's game update implementation to blame for the crashes; after verifying the game cache integrity I got a good 5-6 hours of play with no crashes, so I think it's good. I remembered Left 4 Dead crashing for me after the DLC came out and I had to do the same thing.

What about the listen server bug? I have the game installed on another computer of mine and it's bugged there too, and a friend of mine has the same problem with it. It's a huge deal to me because I really want to be able to customize the games instead of searching for servers with specific maps and difficulties and game lengths.

Upvote 0
Which Listen Server bug are you referring to? We fixed an issue with the Perks getting duplicated to other players, but I'm not aware of any other game breaking bugs associated specifically with Listen Servers...

See my original post, I even have a video link in it demonstrating exactly what it does.

It starts me at level 0 for whatever last perk I had and it does not let me change perks. Look at my perk in the bottom left as I hit the esc key; it goes from level 0 to 4 which is what I was at the time I made the video, but the perk screen is completely wiped out, I can't change classes or even view them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ah, right, no, this hasn't been fixed yet. We will be looking into this one soon as well, but there are a few higher priority problems at present. We appreciate your patience, we are working as quickly as possible to resolve these issues.

Great, thanks. I realize it's not the highest priority issue, I just wanted to know that you guys were aware of it and would address it, that simple acknowledgment means a great deal to us.

Upvote 0