• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design WIP - Secleratus

bh8817

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2009
Arizona, USA
Estimated Completion - 70%

New concept

Ok, so after toying around a bit i've decided to take traders completely out of this map. The only thing there will be is plenty of weapon pickups and ammo pickups, also with a number of Random pickups.

So now im going to add a bunch of small side rooms and closets so searching is a MUST. I think this will add to the enjoyment of this map.

Back Story

You have gained knowledge about a top group of scientists trying to clone and genetically mutate the already destructive specimens that their beloved Patriarch has born for them. They've created a superb underground laboratory beneath an evacuated area not entered in years. While their work continues, you use the Sewer systems to navigate your way to the (back door). When you arrive things do not look normal, you make your way inside only to find that containment has been completely lost and the lab is overrun. While your squad was fighting off the horde of specimen you set off a large explosion that collapsed the only way to back out. Now your objective has changed from Infiltrate and Destroy to Survive and Escape by making your way through the tarnished lab and get topside.

Map Features

Let me explain the details of what ive accomplished in the map so far.

I wanted this map to be Very interactive for the players. On that note I've started creating a story like level to make the playing experience in KF even better.

Sooo.. your in the sewer and you cant go back the way you came. You need to get inside and head up. The first thing you encounter is 2 Security doors that are in Containment Lockdown and cannot be open. Now, you haveto find a way to disconnect the power to the security doors. You find another hallway a bit down in the sewer where the wall is collapsed in and you get view of power lines. This is where you use your Welder's alternate fire to cut the wire or (unweld). Not only do the wires have an insane amount of hitpoints so it takes a while to cut, you haveto fight the horde at the same time. Once the wires are cut, the doors fly open and in you go.

So now you've made it inside and you need to head up to higher levels of the lab. Thats where my functional elevator comes in, butttt.. theres no power connected to it? to be continued....

I love detailing and good lighting effects so im puting tons of work in this map. I should have some screenshots posted soon.

Screenshots

sewerangle1.png
sewerangle1.PNG

biopsyroom.PNG

stairs.PNG

hallway1.PNG

freezer.PNG

barracks.PNG

controlroom.PNG

[SIZE=-8][/SIZE]
elevhall.PNG

Video Preview

More soon! progressing steadily =)

Last edited:
have fun using triggers. I would have thought maybe making a power box for the doors, a destroyable mesh, that has a lot of health to be taken out. Maybe place a decent amount of lights that could be set to go off once the mesh is destroyed. You could also maybe set the specimen spawns to trigger once an event has taken place, so that they don't get attacked by the hordes until they realize the facility has destabilized and their exit is blocked.

Upvote 0
Looks and sounds amazing!
Very good screenshots.

Could you give some infos?
Will their still be waves, or is it like a "normal" story game (campaign)?
For how many players is it?
What's with the perks?
How long will the playtime be?

and:
Can you say when it's finished?

Would be nice to know this =)

Can't wait for it!

Upvote 0
The map is being made for the Killing Floor game type meant to be played on a Long game (10 Waves).

no more than 6 players is the ideal amount because too many players would make it too easy.

I'm working as much as i can on this map because i also work 40 hours a week =(. I still put about 5 hours day most days i hope to have it done in less than 2 weeks. Most of my work is going in to detailing, i dont want to put out a **** map.

Upvote 0
New concept

Ok, so after toying around a bit i've decided to take traders completely out of this map. The only thing there will be is plenty of weapon pickups and ammo pickups, also with a number of Random pickups.

So now im going to add a bunch of small side rooms and closets so searching is a MUST. I think this will add to the enjoyment of this map.

Added to main post.

Upvote 0