• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crossbow Aim - 2 Modes?

Sgt. D. Pilla

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 24, 2009
Hey Guys,

Was playing KF just a second ago and for the second time today the scope on the Crossbow changed from being fully zoomed in and the scope taking up the majority of the screen to being a lesser zoom level and taking up half the screen.

Now I actually rather this 'lesser' zoom.
I've attached a picture to show you.

Basically I'm not sure if this is a bug, part of the perk (Sharpshooter), or if I'm hitting a button...
Failing the above questions, is there a way to mod this in? Because I personally love it, it makes the crossbow much easier to aim with and get headshots with...

Attachments

• KF.jpg
    KF.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 0
I know! It's fantastic, granted it looks stupid (looks like the character is to affraid to hold it close to his face lol) but it's MUCH easier to aim with at closer targets and heaps easier to get those headshots.

I just wish I knew what it was or how I did it...Because I've done it again lol!
When I want it, I can't have it :(

Upvote 0
I know! It's fantastic, granted it looks stupid (looks like the character is to affraid to hold it close to his face lol) but it's MUCH easier to aim with at closer targets and heaps easier to get those headshots.

Actually this view is more realistic, you are not ment to press your face up against a real scope, because weapons have recoil, which means you would get a huge black eye if you where to do that (this is called a "recruits eye", it's a newbie mistake).

Real scopes require you hold your face at a particular distance from the scope, unless they have a long soft rubber eyepiece that can handle the recoil (like Russian POSP scopes have).

Upvote 0
Actually this view is more realistic, you are not ment to press your face up against a real scope, because weapons have recoil, which means you would get a huge black eye if you where to do that (this is called a "recruits eye", it's a newbie mistake).

Real scopes require you hold your face at a particular distance from the scope, unless they have a long soft rubber eyepiece that can handle the recoil (like Russian POSP scopes have).

True, but unless it's a pistol scope, it usually doesn't have a 6" eye-relief.

Upvote 0
True, but unless it's a pistol scope, it usually doesn't have a 6" eye-relief.

A long eye-relief is not unheard of, just look at the ZF-41 scope for the Kar-98: [url]http://taka25th.cathand.com/zf41e1.jpg[/URL]
Now that's a whole lot more than 6 inches, it's sitting above the rear sight of the rifle, it's probably clouser to 18/20 inches from your eye (i'm not too good with inches though, metric is more my thing, so don't have a fit if that's not right on the money).

And on a crossbow, i certainly woulden't rule it out, it does have a raher different mechanism to a rifle, so mounting optics on one may require some unorthodox solutions.

Upvote 0

Ive got a POSP on me .308 saiga.
so is scope detail f10 like RO?

Upvote 0