• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Perk: Explosives expert

elgatonorris

May 20, 2009
I don't know if you noticed but in all war games there's always an explosives expert perk or class. Why not using this on a survival horror game? Is it a good idea? After reading the next words, comment this please. Thank you.

- Explosives Expert -

Stats:

- +8% more damage with explosives per level
(+8%, +16%, +24%, +32%, +40)

- -10% weight with explosives weapons per level
(-10%, -20%, -30%, -40%, -50%)

- -10% Discount on explosives equipment ( LAW, Grenade Launcher, Claymore, etc...) (-10%, -20%, -30%, -40%, -50%)

- Faster reload time on explosive weapons ( LAW, Grenade Launcher)
and less C4 installing time

- -10% Faster movement speed

- -30% less melee damage

- Only 2% Chance on making ZED time kills

- On level 2: Unlocks the Claymore and the
Grenade Launcher (M32 MGL)

- On level 3: Unlocks the Plastic Explosive (C4)

Explanation: The explosives expert is not and 100% combat perk because he doesn't fight the zombies face to face; He makes explosives traps.

Weapons: Grenades, Claymore, Grenade Launcher, LAW, Plastic
Explosives and more ( READ THE PD)

Notes: -Plastic Explosives installation time : 10 secs without perk; 6 secs with Explosives Expert Perk.
-Claymore installation time: 2 secs on all perks

PD: I need ideas, please comment and post some ideas and suggestions

I think it's a good idea, but Support is kind of already the explosives dude.
I don't think he should be though, he is way too versatile with shotguns and grenades. He needs to be more specified like other classes. Besides, the only explosives he has really is the grenades and LAW if you really want to. This is also suggesting adding in more explosives.

Upvote 0
This would actually be more along the lines of the Commando class. It's not like it has all that much going for it otherwise. ("Oh! Hey! I can see the already-fairly-visible stalkers from 16m away! And I can see the Patriarch when he's already within painful-squishy-death range!". It kinda leaves a bit to be desired.)

Upvote 0
However much fun this would be, the problem is that explosions take down many specimens, to the fact that the game wouldn't be that hard because everyone would go explosives expert, grab a grenade launcher, and just sit back and wipe out 10 at a time, not very exciting.

Upvote 0
However much fun this would be, the problem is that explosions take down many specimens, to the fact that the game wouldn't be that hard because everyone would go explosives expert, grab a grenade launcher, and just sit back and wipe out 10 at a time, not very exciting.

Ye, after finishing the thread i saw that ''error''. There's a simple solution on this: Explosives Expert class limit -> 1

:)

Upvote 0