• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Handcannon

Philosoraptor

Grizzled Veteran
May 18, 2009
I don't like this weapon. It's literally one of the most boring looking guns ever, and even trying to reskin it doesn't help it.

It belongs in Counter-Strike and COD4, but definately not in this game. It needs to be replaced, heavily, by another, more understandable weapon.

I was thinking, considering it is a good weapon and a British service pistol, but:

hi-power.jpg

Browning Hi-Power

It's originally an American design, patented by Belgium. It would use a slightly bigger, 10x22mm round. Would still be considered the Handcannon, but instead could just be called the Browning (XD). 13 round magazine, so it makes more sense as a combat officer would like to have more rounds that do acceptable damage. Easily more findable in the UK. Since it would have slightly less power than the Handcannon due to an increased clip size, it would make for a better introduction of a higher power Webley revolver.

It's an ugly looking gun, but that's what makes it nice, it looks like a battered old WW2 pistol, almost like a Colt or a Tokarev. The Desert Eagle to me looks like a giant space blaster.

Last edited:
Believe me, I despise the handcannon as much as anyone, but wouldn't something that would be the same power (maybe even slightly less) and size as the Beretta 92 kinda defeat the purpose of the handcannon of being a big, powerful, high-recoil weapon?

Personally, I think a good big, powerful gun could be something more unusual and not in every game in existence, like the AMT Automag or something in 10mm Auto.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I know, but I literally can't think of anything else to replace it. I really just want to say put a Colt .45 because it would make a better choice but it doesn't fit. A Tokarev would even be better, and that thing in itself is a powerful weapon.

SIG .357 doesn't do enough damage either and has low muzzle velocity to begin with. I'm perplexed.

Also you'd be quite surprised how much of a difference 10mm makes over 9mm. It makes quite a bigger dent on a stone cinder block.

I was considering to just make it a Browning HP, but than add some fictional AP to the end, Browning HPAP. For Hi-Power Armor Piercing. Then it would make a better candidate for the handcannon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I know, but I literally can't think of anything else to replace it. I really just want to say put a Colt .45 because it would make a better choice but it doesn't fit. A Tokarev would even be better, and that thing in itself is a powerful weapon.

SIG .357 doesn't do enough damage either and has low muzzle velocity to begin with. I'm perplexed.

There's always, like in my post, the AMT Automag or the S&W, or, and I would absolutely lose it if I saw it in this game, the Webley-Fosbery auto revolver. Other suggestions: Bren Ten, CZ-97, SIG-220 in .45 ACP, or the Wildey.

I mean, the Beretta 92's not that powerful to begin with, you wouldn't need to do much to outclass it.

Upvote 0
SIG-220 is kind of uncommon don't you think? Also, I don't know if you agree, but it's a boxy and ugly gun. So is the Browning, but it's a bit better looking.

I wholeheartedly agree on an AMT Automag, especially an AMT AutoMag V, which could still have .50 status and be the handcannon, however the 5 round magazine is a problem. Maybe just keep it with the .44 class.

If anyone wants a reference:

amt_automag_ii-1.jpg

This bad boy is the AMT Automag.

Upvote 0
The AMT automag, thats ugly as hell! But i would prefer anything to the "Handcannon." Browning Hi-Power would be cool, or the Webley VI.

I'd also love to see the Bergmann Model 2... It doesnt make sense for the game and is only a 6.5mm, but I love it, find me a game with one and i'll buy it in a second :p

Bergman-Model-2-9.jpg

Or how about one of these... dont have a clue what it is im afraid but...Pin-Fire_4.jpg
It's funny :p

Upvote 0
The AMT automag, thats ugly as hell! But i would prefer anything to the "Handcannon." Browning Hi-Power would be cool, or the Webley VI.

I'd also love to see the Bergmann Model 2... It doesnt make sense for the game and is only a 6.5mm, but I love it, find me a game with one and i'll buy it in a second :p

View attachment 1620

Or how about one of these... dont have a clue what it is im afraid but...View attachment 1621
It's funny :p

Last one seems to be some sort of blackpowder pepperbox revolver.

Upvote 0
Here's something a bit different for a big bore handgun:

Taurus Raging Bull
500t.jpg

Used for hunting cape buffalo and african elephants, Raging Bull chambers 6 rounds of .454 Casull. It was the most powerful production handgun in the world for a long time until .500 S&W magnum handguns started to be produced. (funnily enough Taurus then started to make a .500 Raging Bull that holds only 5 round).

Unlike the S&W Model 500, this gun comes with support for picatinny rail for mounting optical scopes and a laser sight at the same time.

49076982.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think the Handcannon (Desert Eagle) is fine. It's been in loads of games (CS, Raven Shield, etc) and rightfully so. The fact that it is not British does not mean that there is a problem with it. A lot of people can identify with the weapon, and I feel it fits quite perfectly within the game. However, those weapons could be added as alternatives, since the game does suffer from a lack of selection in terms of weaponry. We need more weapons in the game not less.

The real weapon we should be discussing is the lever action rifle. Now that gun I do not like. It should be replaced with a more modern bolt action rifle. In fact, they shouldn't just add one, but two new weapons for the sharp shooter class on top of removing the lever action rifle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't think any of the weapons should be removed, since I'm sure all of the weapons overall are loved. If anyone wants I could fiddle around with producing weapons in 3ds Max and the community could just release weapon packs, much like the AHZ packs for RO. So far the weapons that have stuck in my mind are the Mosin nagant (only holds 5 rounds and is powerful, a good contrast to the lever action which hold 10 but would be slightly less powerful), a large riot shield, and HK91 with wooden stocks (again more powerful than bullpup but less ammo per reload).

Upvote 0

Taurus Raging Bull
444ss8.jpg

Used for hunting cape buffalo and african elephants, Raging Bull chambers 6 rounds of .454 Casull. It was the most powerful production handgun in the world for a long time until .500 S&W magnum handguns started to be produced. (funnily enough Taurus then started to make a .500 Raging Bull that holds only 5 round).

Unlike the S&W Model 500, this gun comes with support for picatinny rail for mounting optical scopes and a laser sight at the same time.

49076982.jpg

Here's a question; you think it would take the same amount of time to reload that as it would to reload the Desert Eagle? What about ammo capacity?

Upvote 0

Taurus Raging Bull
500t.jpg

49076982.jpg

YEE!!!! Revolver would be nice!11!! +1

Upvote 0