• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Windows KF Dedicated Server Tutorial

Erm this might not be the right thread for continued help in this matter, but we've tried everything, setting admin through the config file, setting it through the startup string, and nothing works on my friend's gameservers.com killing floor server. He can't adminlogin, it doesn't work. Webadmin tells him the username or pass is invalid, etc... :(

Upvote 0
Fourth one this week for gameservers.com :confused:

For adminlogin, one user typed adminlogin <username> <password> to get server Admin status.

For Web Admin Interface login the username and password is listed as the final entries under the [UWeb.WebServer] of gameserver's Server Configuration area. In the last gameserver issue this did work but in another it didn't and we used Admin > Admin before we could apply something less default. I don't know what changes the latest patch brought for this setup.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fourth one this week for gameservers.com :confused:

For adminlogin, one user typed adminlogin <username> <password> to get server Admin status.

For Web Admin Interface login the username and password is listed as the final entries under the [UWeb.WebServer] of gameserver's Server Configuration area. In the last gameserver issue this did work but in another it didn't and we used Admin > Admin before we could apply something less default. I don't know what changes the latest patch brought for this setup.

This was because of the update, I think. Before the second patch, you could access the WebAdmin interface using the username/password in the .ini.

However, you can't do that because the update enabled the XAdmin thing, so it invalidated your username and pass for the default Admin/Admin. That wasn't a fault with GameServers at all.

Upvote 0
Quality control dictates that regardless of the tools you're provided with (in this case a server update without a sufficient change log) you should always perform your own tests to ensure that what worked in the past still works now.

Game server providers have a responsibility to their fee paying customers to ensure that their setup will function with the toolkit provided and if it doesn't inform the consumer before the consumer informs them. For a game server provider not to check that everything still functions as it should with each patch shows a lack of diligence and customer service.

Upvote 0
Quality control dictates that regardless of the tools you're provided with (in this case a server update without a sufficient change log) you should always perform your own tests to ensure that what worked in the past still works now.

Game server providers have a responsibility to their fee paying customers to ensure that their setup will function with the toolkit provided and if it doesn't inform the consumer before the consumer informs them. For a game server provider not to check that everything still functions as it should with each patch shows a lack of diligence and customer service.

Steam Update said:
Updates to Killing Floor have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Fixes

• Fixed a number of known exploits on each map
  • Fixed Listen Server Hosts not showing as playing on a server in Steam Friends
  • Fixed the game prompting for a password after the password was already entered into Steam, when connecting from the Steam Server Browser
  • Fixed exploit where players could shoot other players with shotguns and launch them on top of things or out windows
  • Fixed exploit where players could change their Perk multiple times in order to get discounts on particular items. Players can only change their Perk once per Wave now
  • Fixed shotguns making Specimens fly back excessively online
  • Fixed Server Browser becoming non-responsive when connected to a server
  • Fixed exploit that players could use to purchase something even when too heavy
  • Fixed Listen Server Hosts' Perks getting duplicated to other players connected to their server
  • Fixed purchasing of a Handcannon appearing to discount other weapons
  • Fixed a collision problem with crouching that was allowing exploits

Tweaks

• Improved the detection of Headshots on the Specimens
  • Removed the scaling of players' names over their heads, which was causing long names to be unreadable
  • Changed Default Tick Rate for Internet Servers to 30 instead of 20 to improve the online experience for players
  • Hitting Escape now closes the Weapon Selection widget on the HUD
  • Toned down the Blur and Camera Shake when a Specimen hits you. Blur now fades out more quickly
I don't know about you, bro, but I don't see anything relating to enabling xAdmin on here. While I do agree that GameServers should have examined the files directly, editing something important like that should have to have been on the changelog for sure. It's partly the faults fo both GameServers and Tripwire.

Upvote 0
You need a third party host that allows 'hotlinking'.

A free host such as http://www.fileden.com/ will allow you to test the setup and provide a limited monthly usage of:

• 1GB of personal storage space.
  • A 50mb maximum file size limit
  • 5GB of monthly bandwidth
Zetsumei also introduced us to http://ut2004.gameservers.net/contentpage.php?id=505 where you can upload your files via ftp.
This host already has multiple KF maps uploaded so the chances are that if you're hosting well publicised maps you only need to add their redirect link to your KillingFloor.ini and the custom map to your server map folder as someone else has done the upload already.

Upvote 0
Windows Script to auto compress uncompressed maps

Windows Script to auto compress uncompressed maps

I made a Windows script (.bat file) which auto compresses uncompressed maps in the map folder.

It has the option to remove the uncompressed copies afterwards and also not re-compress maps if there is already a compressed copy (can be toggled on and off).

It's simple to use, just double click, it's here if anyone needs it:

http://www.killingfloor411.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2830#post2830

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
i have a problem.. when im starting the server its making so when u connect u connect to my local ip what is 192.168.1.2 instead of conecting to my ip to my home like 81.229.xxx.xxx. why is that? i havent enable only on lan or anything.. how can i change this? please anwser! // Axeljj

Can you provide your IP address and server name so we can also attempt to join please?

Upvote 0
Ello. I can get my server up and running, playable and all, except I can't connect to the main server for stats updates and it also wont show up in the Master Browser for all the games.. Here is my server code, after I double click the .exe:

C:\KS1\system>ucc server KF-WestLondon.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true
?MaxPlayers=6?AdminName=Streetlight?AdminPassword=******
Executing Class Engine.ServerCommandlet
Browse: KF-WestLondon.rom?Name=Streetlight?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Corporal_
Lewis?team=1?Sex=M?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?AdminName=
Streetlight?ADMINPASSWORD=XXXXX
Collecting garbage
Purging garbage
Garbage: objects: 53726->53724; refs: 680658
Game class is 'KFGameType'
STEAMAUTH : Steam auth system activation successful
Bringing Level KF-WestLondon.myLevel up for play (30) appSeconds: 7.123000...
(Karma): Autodetecting CPU for SSE
(Karma): Using SSE Optimizations
(Karma): StaticMesh (W_Blinds) with empty Karma KAggregateGeometry.
(Karma): StaticMesh (HW_Plane) with empty Karma KAggregateGeometry.
(Karma): StaticMesh (W_Blinds) with empty Karma KAggregateGeometry.
SetAdminFromURL called
GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging False
KFLRules = KF-WestLondon.KFLevelRules0
Game length = 2
UdpServerQuery(crt): Port 7717 successfully bound.
Resolving master0.gamespy.com...
MasterServerUplink: MasterServerGameStats not found - stats uploading disabled.
Defaulting to false
Defaulting to false
Loading Available Maps
Loading Game Types
xWebAdmin.UTServerAdmin Initialized on port 8075
KFDoorMover KF-WestLondon.KFDoorMover16 (Function KFMod.KFDoorMover.PostBeginPla
y:0214) Multiple triggers found!
KFDoorMover KF-WestLondon.KFDoorMover16 (Function KFMod.KFDoorMover.PostBeginPla
Resolved master0.gamespy.com (207.38.11.174)
UdpGameSpyUplink: Master Server is master0.gamespy.com:27900
UdpGameSpyUplink: Port 7718 successfully bound.
STEAMAUTH : Sending updated server details - DoucheBag Hut 0 | 6
STEAMAUTH : Connected to Steam Servers
STEAMAUTH : VAC Security Enabled
STEAMSTATS: Stats Are Now Enabled
Adding master server 69.28.140.247:27011
Adding master server 69.28.140.246:27011
STEAMAUTH : Sending updated server details - DoucheBag Hut 0 | 6

Any ideas how to fix the problem? I have all the ports forwarded correctly I believe, also they are all opened in Windows Firewall. Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi guys, i have another question, how to made sandbox games?

Because on solo games is very easy:

KillingFloor2009-05-1721-46-03-48.jpg

But in a server ??? On web admin you got this:

web.jpg

But there i cant configure the wave options... maybe something in the console or in the .ini?

And another question, i dont have music on custom maps, in solo game yes, but in server no, for example, the hive, i make a new folder on the server for music but it doesnt work.

Same question: [url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=33016[/URL]
I need edit squads and put my own wavemasks. Have no idea how do this without gui.

Upvote 0