• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rifle/Crossbow changes?

You just made this up, didn't you?

They do fairly predictable things when they hit tissue. That is, not much.

Well, if you want to ignore the cases where they DID do strange things, then of course.

I have never heard a serious shooter refer to .223 as .22.

Ah, how strange.

If I used kevlar as example, the .22s would fare even worse compared to the .223.

That's kind of assumed, seeing as how the .223 isn't significantly larger but has a much higher muzzle velocity.

You. You referred to ".22", which could only reasonably mean .22LR (which is the only thing commonly referred to as "twenty-two"), or maybe .22 Hornet or .22 PPC if you want to get very obscure.

Aside from the several dozen other varieties, of course.

Why does the game even have a lever action rifle? There's got to be a decent semi automatic rifle they could have put in. A PSG1 might be a cool gun to have in the game.

Winchester made a name for itself selling rifles, and it's lever-action rifles are iconic. They're well made, reliable, and accurate. Aside from that, Winchester rifles have an odd relationship with zombie apocalypses (and similar scenarios) - likely due to the fact that they are quite common among firearm enthusiasts and so would very likely be used if things went to pot.

Of course, the main reason is that they're cool.

As far as semi-auto rifles go, they have a long history of being less accurate than lever- or bolt-action rifles, although I'd hesitate to say that's still the case. Of course, at the ranges you generally fight specimens at in KF the differences would be irrelevant - on every map but Farm you never get far enough away for it to matter, and ON Farm you can't SEE far enough away for it to matter.

Still, if you want to suggest new weapons to be added to the game then there are a few threads you can post in to do that.

Upvote 0
My opinion on the crossbow is that the sights should just be a red dot, like the LAW (but smaller and less obstructive, like a 2 MOA aimpoint). I'd use it far more often if the telescopic sight weren't so constrictive.

Same here man, but i can't find the crossbow sight texture file anywhere -.-

I was going to make a ACOG remake but then i thought about just a basic illuminated aimpoint for quicker targeting, also the LAW sight is very changeable, but the projectiles have massive hit detection problems.

Upvote 0
even a .22lr is verry dangerous to a human beeing
it might not be a instant stopper, but it still can penetrate to vital organs

So can virtually every other cartridge in existence.

i wouldnt underestimate a .22lr rifle or even pistol for its killing capacity, especially if you talk about it if it was a childs gun:rolleyes:

Well... it is. And pretty much the only thing .22LR outclasses is .22 Short.

Well, if you want to ignore the cases where they DID do strange things, then of course.

Every bullet will do unpredictable things, but it's within the realm of what's possible. It won't "bounce around inside a person". That is absolute bull****.

That's kind of assumed, seeing as how the .223 isn't significantly larger but has a much higher muzzle velocity.

Some .223 loadings are twice the weight of .22LR. The difference between the two is like night and day; it's stupid and incorrect to just call .223 ".22".

Aside from the several dozen other varieties, of course.

You mean all those wildcat rounds no one uses?

Doesn't matter anyway since .223 cannot and should not be called .22.

Upvote 0
Every bullet will do unpredictable things, but it's within the realm of what's possible. It won't "bounce around inside a person". That is absolute bull****.

I'm not talking about the kind of garbage they pass off on CSI. .22s are known for large vector changes on non-perpendicular impact with the target and bouncing off of even small bones.

Some .223 loadings are twice the weight of .22LR. The difference between the two is like night and day; it's stupid and incorrect to just call .223 ".22".

Chalk it up to culture differences, then.

Upvote 0
So can virtually every other cartridge in existence.

yup, thats what they are designed to do :)
Well... it is. And pretty much the only thing .22LR outclasses is .22 Short.

no its NOT
just because in the US (well in some states)even a 5 year old boy is allowed to own a rifle, doesnt mean a child should have a weapon

imo a child should NEVER EVER even touch a firearm untill he/she is at last 16

but i guess thats just culture differences ;)

a weapon is a weapon and there never will be something like a ''childgun''

Upvote 0
just because in the US (well in some states)even a 5 year old boy is allowed to own a rifle, doesnt mean a child should have a weapon

I have to agree that 5 is too young for a kid to own an actual firearm, since they aren't developed enough to understand the implications of using it.

imo a child should NEVER EVER even touch a firearm untill he/she is at last 16

Here's where we disagree. First off, there's a difference between using and owning.
A kid of almost any age can safely use a rifle with proper supervision, and the earlier they're introduced to firearm safety the more ingrained it will be. Kids who have been brought up using seat belts will keep using them, as riding in a car without one will feel wrong, unsettling, and uncomfortable. By the same token a kid who has grown up practicing proper firearm safety would have it be second nature to them, and wouldn't even consider going against it.
As far as ownership goes, that tends to be best as a gradual thing. Have them slowly have more rights and responsibilities over the years until the firearm is not theirs in name only.

Handguns are a bit dicier than rifles and shotguns, though. Since they're nowhere near as bulky as other weapons it's a lot easier for an untrained person to, say, accidentally point them in the wrong direction, and should be introduced after the kid has shown that they've got firearm safety down pat.

but i guess thats just culture differences ;)

Largely, yes.

a weapon is a weapon and there never will be something like a ''childgun''

Sure there are. They're weapons of the AirSoft, BB, and paint variety. It's damn near impossible to kill a person with one of those, and if they wear eye protection then it's just as hard for them to cause serious injury.

Upvote 0
I think it'd be cool if they replaced the crossbow with another riflle or sniper rifle that you can buy optional scope or no scope :O that'd be pretty cool. that way u can choose if you wana use the gun for short distance and w.e and buy a scope if you wana use it for long distnace...but then i think that'd kinda ruin that leaver action rifle or w.e huh :\. K inda don't like the crossbow cause of the aiming is kinda weird for me :[

Upvote 0
I'm not talking about the kind of garbage they pass off on CSI. .22s are known for large vector changes on non-perpendicular impact with the target and bouncing off of even small bones.

That's true enough; I guess you could consider "bouncing around inside the human body" as hyperbole, but still, I'd much rather be shot with a .22LR than even a relatively weak round like .32 ACP.

Upvote 0