• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Support Items

Macavelli

May 15, 2009
Hey all, So i posted in another thread about having new content updated to give us more options for support items. Like the welding gun and the medi gun.

What about trip wire claymores like in HL or some kind of crap automated turret?

Or a form of floodlight you could setup which would shine on a selected spot to light it up in night matches etc.

Buy an ammo crate from the Trader that would last for a whole round that you could place in one spot on the lvl that could reload all ammo for a selected weapon. EG: like a hand cannon ammo crate. This would be usable by all members of the team with a handcannon.

Any suggestions lads/ladies? This is not a weapons thread but something that you could use to support the players.

like the idea, imo it should be support class only and replace the current carrying weight boost. the floodlight and ammo certainly would add to teamplay and immersion.

for ze holy lulz i suggest bear traps instead of claymores/mines(had em in the mod since 2.0 i think, just wasnt fully animated, coded, textured and balanced x) one trap per person, can be reset. should be used for locking scrakes and fps to a spot, that would actually make for a mechanic that does the class name justice -.-

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Floodlight + ammo crate idea im all for, sounds brill and would make them more of a "support" class, not just rambo with moar bullets.

That way the whole team can pitch in on one and have it put where they will be defending.

I don't really like the idea of claymores tho tbh..in FF servers you could run into one and boom, yer dead. i think a trip wire/trip laser system rigged up to a C4 would be better tho, good for defending the other door in church, that way when it breaks it will take out a few of them and will give you a huge notification that you need to aim thatta' way as well. and if it gives off a laser, on a FF server a teamy could see it pretty easy and avoid it by crouching or jumping over it - depending on how high it's placed on a wall.

Upvote 0
Actually I think a claymore/tripwire mine would be a solid support option (option in lieu of grenades for the support class).. I mean if it's basically just a proximity triggered slightly-higher-powered grenade, it's really not -that- powerful.. it wouldn't stop a FP or Pat in thier tracks.. and if you do something like Claymore==grenades*.5 then you're only going ot have max 3 or so of them.. and they'd be expensive.

Auto-Turrets just seems to.. sci-fi and cheap to me.

Ammo crate, I'm not keen on.. I think ammo-conservation (and melee) are both big parts of the game as a whole. I've started trying to use melee weapons for 1-off mobs even when I'm commando or support so I can conserve ammo, and when using the Bullpup, I almost -always- use it on semi-auto.

Upvote 0
Was thinking of some ideas myself, maybee with certain ammounts of points, e.g if you weld 200,000 of door health points you have 200 points or some way to work around it like that, and you can upgrade the welder to weld faster, or have more power or even OVER weld like instead of 100% you could get to 125% , i think i might make some photoshops tonight for the heck of it, if any one is decent at 3d modeling, whip up some prototypes of your ideas maybee they will light a spark.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
DAMNIT MAN
Now I want bear traps!

Some modder make one! Make it stun any specimen caught in it (You can still get hit by them if you walk up to them), but the large ones like scrakes and fleshpounds will break out of it in 3-5 seconds.

It should do a very minimal amount of damage, except to clots, they should be insta-killed by it (so you have to place it carefully otherwise it will be triggered by a clot and therefor can't be triggered by a fleshpound.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is good lads. This thread is alot different than the ones out there as its all based on support items rather than just guns. I love using the welder and that whole element of the support theme in KF. Bring a whole new meaning. Maybe a beacon that will alow anything withing the 20 metre radius become visible. Good for stalkers and the Patriarche (spelt wrong sorry)!

Or the support class could deploy a radar box that will show enemy positions on a radar so you knw where the brunt of the attack is coming from.

I like the idea of the Floodlights aswell to light up dark areas. Engineers can rig them up

Upvote 0