• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game startup problem

Did that work for you? I'm having this same problem--my screen doesn't flicker, but the game fails to boot after the splash screen and if I click off and back on it says not responding.

2x8800GT SLI
q6600@3GHz
4GB RAM
Windows Vista 64 Ultimate

I ran this game successfully when it first came out and logged almost 8 hours -- I think the most recent patch must have killed it.

Upvote 0
Sn1PeR, have you tried Verifying the Game Cache in Steam? If you have done that, but have not tried deleting everything, I would give that a shot as well. Steam has been known to mess up on a small percentage of machines when updating. Because there are a number of reasons why this could happen, Steam has not been able to 100% fix this system, but it has certainly improved over the years.

Please let us know if you're still having this issue after Verifying and/or Deleting.

Upvote 0
Hmmm, redownloading as we speak. Funnily enough, my friend is committed to help me with this problem, so he took the liberty & installed Killing Floor on his laptop that runs with the SAME GFX card that I do (NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT), and aparently he got the same problem there as I do here... Coincidence...? Could be, but this might interest you developers to narrow the problem ^^

Upvote 0
Will do. Hmmm, apparently deleting all content of Killing Floor from my computer & then reinstalling it (yet again) didn't work, so I think it's safe to scratch that idea as far as my problem is concerned ;)

Still tried some random changes to some of the settings to the killingfloor.ini just to see if it miraculously would have started to work, but unfotunately, the same as before.

If you could check if it is indeed the caused by the fact I happen to have this certain GFX card, and if you could ultimately even fix the problem then, you'd have my utmost gratitude... and a chance for me to see how kick *** the game really is XD

Upvote 0
We also tested a 7600GT in studio and had no problems with it. This, oddly enough, doesn't seem to be directly related to a series of Video Cards, but perhaps it has something to do with a particular manufacturer? Fatchaos, is your card from BFG?

Damn, was quite sure this could be the answer...
Well... Uh, gosh, I sound like a complete idiot for saying this, but what do you mean with BFG?

Upvote 0