• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So what now KF Devs?

Looking forward to it, I guess nothing official is planned as yet? The modding community will likely do a lot of maps and maybe even game modes, so I suppose the most important thing at the moment is probably fixing bugs and sorting out that annoying server list!

Overall it has been a pretty smooth release, nothing like the mayhem over at demigod :p

Upvote 0
More maps are definately comming, they have said as much in a thread here, they have more of them lined up that would not be done in time for the release, but will come later in patches/updates, i belive there was also talk of additional player models/skins that wheren't compleated yet.

And considdering TWI's trackrecord with RO, it's a safe bet that the treats will keep coming for a good while, but don't expect TWI to spill the beans, they are a secretive bunch ;)

Upvote 0
Put it this way mate. TWI have just spent alot of time developing this release of KF. They finally release it and relax but the strain and popularity of it caused afew problems joining server etc and some other bugs that were found caused abit of upset for some gamers.

I logged on the day after, and they had already released a patch fixing 99.9% of things!

First time i have seen that in a Dev. Which is really reassuring to me as a PC gamer, as if you look at the release of COD WAW or GTAIV on the PC was an absolute sham and killed the two games indefinately.

GTA wouldnt run on my very high spec PC and alot of others aswell (not even an i7 cpu with a 260 card! i still got about 15 FPS! lol) and COD WAW was just a farse! Even with the Beta! They built those two games for consoles cos the devs wanted to make alot of money.

This time TWI have got it spot on!

Upvote 0
I really missed the bandwagon with RO! I take it was good then :p

Yeah the game itself works very well and I have had not many issues - my main/only pet peeve being with the server browser and lack of filter options. Hopefully there are some easy fixes they can put in for that.

Having a blast with the game anyway (pun intended)

Upvote 0
I find it hard to believe you've played it for long if you claim it's pretty flawless. While the current build is very nice, there are some small but very big issues(I'm not talking about map exploits here). Namely the server browser being poo, some of the menus not working correctly(in some instances the perk window vanishes or the back button stops working), the ability to bypass the weight limit, the way the AI sometimes stops working on certain enemies making it either impossible or almost impossible to finish a wave. And while I haven't experienced it, some people claim their perks were copied to other players on listen servers, if my perks were replaced with a beginner's then I'd be rather annoyed. So until these(and maybe more) major issues are resolved I'd hardly call it pretty flawless.

Upvote 0
Well... Really, with only one game mode, this game will probably die fairly quickly. It's fun working together to exterminate waves, but it's just so repetitive that after you level all your perks you just move on to something else.

I'm hoping for more game modes that deal with missions (objective based) or at least a versus mode (player vs player (vs zombies?)).

Not trying to badmouth TWI, it's a great game and I'm even buying copies for the hardheaded people I call friends so they can share in with the fun, just I'm hoping more than just player models and maps are going to officially come out.

Upvote 0