• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Perks Copying/Cloning

pathia

May 20, 2009
Somehow, when we join a self-hosted server of a friend, we end with his perks and it's PERMANENT. Our levels all sort of combine and clone, the server is a self-host, no mods, nothing at all. It seems our achievements clone over as well. I've now spontaneously gained level 5 perk in a thing I was nowhere even near level 2.

Is there any way to reset my perks? I don't care if I have to start from 0, it sort of destroys the point of perk progression to suddenly get them all.

It's a current glitch/bug/exploit/whatever that bumps you to level 5/copys perks and they claimed they are working to "deal with it" so we'll see what that means.

At least in our case it's a glitch/bug, we totally did not want this, none of us wanted it. After a few games we all ended up with the combined perks. It's basically ruined all sense of progression in the game :(

Upvote 0
We are absolutely working on this right now. I can make no guarantees as to when it will be fixed, but this is my highest priority at this time. We are terribly sorry that this has messed with your experience, and once this is fixed, I can work with you guys to get your Perks reset, if that is desired.

Just glad to hear that it's being investigated and thanks for replying so quickly!

Upvote 0
To those who are wanting to reset their Perks:

Until we have a chance to add a "Reset Perks and Achievements" button to the game, you can do it rather simply using your KillingFloor.ini in your System folder(\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\System).

Open it using Notepad or Wordpad and add the following to the bottom of the file:

Code:
[Engine.SteamStatsAndAchievementsBase]
bResetStats=true

Save it and launch your game. If you click Profile and Achievements on the Main Menu, you should see that your Perks have been reset.

Before you begin playing again, we need to make sure it will not reset your Perks everytime you launch the game, so open KillingFloor.ini again and either remove what you added or change bResetStats=true to bResetStats=false(this may have already been done for you, but you need to make sure).

If you have any issues with that, please let me know.

Upvote 0
To those who are wanting to reset their Perks:

Until we have a chance to add a "Reset Perks and Achievements" button to the game, you can do it rather simply using your KillingFloor.ini in your System folder(\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\System).

Open it using Notepad or Wordpad and add the following to the bottom of the file:

Code:
[Engine.SteamStatsAndAchievementsBase]
bResetStats=true
Save it and launch your game. If you click Profile and Achievements on the Main Menu, you should see that your Perks have been reset.
Before you begin playing again, we need to make sure it will not reset your Perks everytime you launch the game, so open KillingFloor.ini again and either remove what you added or change bResetStats=true to bResetStats=false(this may have already been done for you, but you need to make sure).

If you have any issues with that, please let me know.

I take it there's no way to get back the ones we lost? All or nothing? Mine are completely scrambled, the person I got copied from used different perks than I. Doing this erases nearly 30 or so hours of playing, I'm...pretty disappointed, this pretty much has killed my enjoyment of the game, I must admit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm terribly sorry to hear that pathia. Unfortunately, there is no way for us to know what you have and have not gained. We do not track every detail of everyone's progression in their Perks, as that would require a huge database of information with very little use to use. Perk resetting will always be an all or none thing and will probably always include resetting Achievements at the same time.

Upvote 0
"Until we have a chance to add a "Reset Perks and Achievements" button to the game ..."

please make sure there will not be a button wich reset BOTH, perks and achievements at the same time because it would be frustrating for those who have already reset their perks using the instructions written above.

Upvote 0
The bug has been fixed. You would only have to reset your Perks one time, if you so desire. We are sorry that this bug has affected anyone, but we were unaware of it at launch and we fixed it just over a week later(a couple days after finding out about the issue).

That first week was a week I had furlough on, resetting my perks resets about 50hours of playtime. That's...not fun.

Upvote 0