• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New weapons

-A sniper rifle, like an M14 with a scope. Would be affected by the Sharpshooter perk. Extreme range and accuracy. Sucks at close range. Not a supremely high amount of penetration. Better than Lever Action Rifle.

-A submachine gun, like a drum mag MP5, or a P90, or even a Bizon. Lower penetration if an MP5 or a Bizon, but higher penetration than that of the beretta or even the lever action rifle if P90 to the special round type. P90 would make most sense, special task force.

-Another lower ammo count assault rifle, higher cost, like an AK-47/74 or an AN-94 Abakan. Something that a grenade launcher can be attached too. All three of those can have a GP-25 attached; no good scope or reflex sight options (ACOG's don't fit AKs.) The Abakan can have select 2 round burst fire. Just a cool unique gun to add. 30 rounds, 7.62, so heavier rounds, but less of them. More accurate gun though because of lower ROF and longer barrel size, but more weight. Also added weight because of increased round size. Finally, better penetration.

-Different ammo types;

I facepalmed so hard when I read your thread, I had to make an account just to correct you.

First off; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_the_United_Kingdom

Then we can start.

1. ''A sniper rifle, like an M14 with a scope.''

M14 is no ''sniper rifle'', it's a selective fire battle rifle, in what used to be considered an intermediate round, 7.62x51mm, M14's younger brother, the M1A is the absolutely closest you could come to a ''sniper'' rifle, even though it fills the role of being a designated marksman rifle. And then, the Winchester repeater in .44 (?) already fills that role nicely, as a slow, but hard hitting and accurate firearm.

2. ''A submachine gun, like a drum mag MP5''

Ever seen a LE or soldier use a drum magazine? I for one, no, not yet anyways. Drum magazines are almost always unreliable, heavy, and LARGE, you don't want it, no, you never want it. Stick with the sticks.

3. ''or a P90, or even a Bizon. Lower penetration if an MP5 or a Bizon, but higher penetration than that of the beretta or even the lever action rifle if P90 to the special round type. P90 would make most sense, special task force.''

What? no seriously, what? PP-19 used by brits? You high or something?

And are you trying to suggest that 9x19 penetrates better than the 5.7x28mm used in P90? And you know that 5.7mm is supposed to be used against armored targets, right? Not naked zombies?

4. ''Another lower ammo count assault rifle, higher cost, like an AK-47/74 or an AN-94 Abakan.''

See the combination of aforementioned Wiki link, PP19, and the L85.

5. ''Something that a grenade launcher can be attached too. All three of those can have a GP-25 attached''

I'm starting to believe that you think this game is placed in Moscow, well, it's not, and we already got LAW's and grenades.

I'd love to agree on ammunition types, but this game doesn't need it, not at all.

See STALKER for example, you have to fight both non-armored zombies and military/stalkers, so you'll have to buy both FMJ, armor piercing and hollow points to make them all happy, and dead.

I hate to flame people, but I can just take that much before I rage.

Read up on your guns, thanks.

Upvote 0
I facepalmed so hard when I read your thread, I had to make an account just to correct you.

First off; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_the_United_Kingdom

Then we can start.

1. ''A sniper rifle, like an M14 with a scope.''

M14 is no ''sniper rifle'', it's a selective fire battle rifle, in what used to be considered an intermediate round, 7.62x51mm, M14's younger brother, the M1A is the absolutely closest you could come to a ''sniper'' rifle, even though it fills the role of being a designated marksman rifle. And then, the Winchester repeater in .44 (?)

I'm told it's a model 94 in 30-30.

Ever seen a LE or soldier use a drum magazine? I for one, no, not yet anyways. Drum magazines are almost always unreliable, heavy, and LARGE, you don't want it, no, you never want it. Stick with the sticks.

I don't think MP5 drum mags even exist outside airsoft.

3. ''or a P90, or even a Bizon. Lower penetration if an MP5 or a Bizon, but higher penetration than that of the beretta or even the lever action rifle if P90 to the special round type. P90 would make most sense, special task force.''

What? no seriously, what? PP-19 used by brits? You high or something?

And are you trying to suggest that 9x19 penetrates better than the 5.7x28mm used in P90? And you know that 5.7mm is supposed to be used against armored targets, right? Not naked zombies?

5.7 fragments pretty well, but yeah, it's mostly designed for AP.

I think a Sten gun would be cool, I'm sure there are at least a few hanging around in some dusty attics in Britland.

4. ''Another lower ammo count assault rifle, higher cost, like an AK-47/74 or an AN-94 Abakan.''

See the combination of aforementioned Wiki link, PP19, and the L85.

LOL, lower ammo count.

I like my idea of a Bren for support of even commando. Decidedly British and very cool. Here's my list.

Upvote 0