• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Escape maps!

DuppyMan

May 14, 2009
If any of you play CSS then you probably know bout these Escape maps that are mad fun (apart from really easy ones).
But anyway I wos readin up pon this game yeah and I dont read anythin bout no more gamemodes so im like 'Wots Dis Business??:mad:'.
So i watch gameplay vids just incase and it looks like loads of standin around and boringness and I reackon escape maps would be big on this, like on L4D where you gotta get to a place, except the constant swarming of the waves of killing floor if you get that.

So yeah escape maps are needed. For the Fun to remain up in killing floor, whos with me?

I was just going to post on this :)...I would LOVE to see escape maps in this game. Having about 100 STRONG enemies on the map chasing you at once, so you have no chance of killing them off, and there is no end to there respawns. I would also like to see a time limit, if you dont make it to the end BOOM a nuke goes off or something.

Upvote 0
Just wait till The Hive is brought to retail. Not necessarily an "escape map" but there are objectives.
YouTube - Killing Floor - The Hive

Yeah, loads of people are feeling escape man, cos its all intense like 'Ah, got 30 seconds to get there!!!!' (been playin css escape with freind mitch for like a year and escaped about 3 times) or if your real badmen like me n mitch :D, you stay at a point and try hold them off and be like you gwan without us:cool: lol.

and yeah atleast have objectives like that hive level, cos at the moment it looks jus boring really.

Upvote 0
Or how about mixing Escape with objectives, like gotta open certain places to progress through the level and eventually escape, and that means e.g put the power on to open door, hold out for a while.
So you gotta stop n fight sometimes aswell as running away.

well thats kind of what escape maps are like, in CSS anyway. You normal have to defend some points, u always defend the extraction point while u wait for the boats/choppers/elevators etc.

Upvote 0
well thats kind of what escape maps are like, in CSS anyway. You normal have to defend some points, u always defend the extraction point while u wait for the boats/choppers/elevators etc.

Yh i Suppose Especially the Atix_Panic level but most of em dont, like the really really crappy ones that everyone loves for some reason like jurrasic park and thelostworld and a few other where people find it loads of fun to start run get on vehicle escape...

plus theres few with proper objectives, I think I remeber one level where you gotta do a few things, but didnt require teamwork to get through it really.

And I was thinking how bout some levels where not all of you can escape? :eek:

Upvote 0
Although the currently available gamemode is fun it's the sort of thing that (people like me, at least) will play obsessively for a few days and then get bored of entirely. There is a considerable lack of variety. Not necessarily solely escape-oriented, but more objective-based, progressive scenarios as opposed to simply fighting off waves of enemies would be a great addition to the game. I'm sure such things are already in the works, to be honest.

Upvote 0