• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server My Server doesnt show up in internet-list :(

Hey guys,
ive got a problem hosting my server cause he wont show up in list...
The server works fine, pings are cute and everyone can join via ip or by steam-friendlist, but u cant find it ingame or in the steam GUI.
This sucks a bit cause it prevents other players from joining, so i can play with my mates only.
Ive recently read roughly 10000 forumthreads but couldnt fix the problem.
All ports are forwarded (UDP&TCP), in fact i forwarded every ****in port i found mentioned anywhere^^

And here u can see the config of my dedicated server:
[url]http://www.pastebin.ca/1425746[/URL]

If somebody knows a solution i owe him a kiss^^
(and im pretty well bearded)

Ive tried everything, for testing i opened all ports from 7k to 30k, but it wont work...
below i posted the log of my dedicated server if i start it.
it keeps working and runs properly but it is still invisible on steam- and ingamelist.
i only can find it in the LAN-list.

Here is the log (I think it looks quite good):

C:\KS1\system>ucc server KF-BioticsLab.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true
?MaxPlayers=6
Executing Class Engine.ServerCommandlet
Browse: KF-BioticsLab.rom?Name=Static.voiD?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Corporal_
Lewis?team=1?Sex=M?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6
Collecting garbage
Purging garbage
Garbage: objects: 51348->51347; refs: 655280
Game class is 'KFGameType'
STEAMAUTH : Steam auth system activation successful
Bringing Level KF-BioticsLab.myLevel up for play (20) appSeconds: 9.187000...
(Karma): Autodetecting CPU for SSE
(Karma): Using SSE Optimizations
GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging False
KFLRules = KF-BioticsLab.KFLevelRules0
Game length = 2
UdpServerQuery(crt): Port 7717 successfully bound.
Resolving master0.gamespy.com...
MasterServerUplink: MasterServerGameStats not found - stats uploading disabled.
Defaulting to false
Defaulting to false
Loading Available Maps
Loading Game Types
xWebAdmin.UTServerAdmin Initialized on port 8075
KFDoorMover KF-BioticsLab.KFDoorMover16 (Function KFMod.KFDoorMover.PostBeginPla
y:0214) Multiple triggers found!
KFDoorMover KF-BioticsLab.KFDoorMover16 (Function KFMod.KFDoorMover.PostBeginPla
Resolved master0.gamespy.com (207.38.11.174)
UdpGameSpyUplink: Master Server is master0.gamespy.com:27900
UdpGameSpyUplink: Port 7718 successfully bound.
STEAMAUTH : Sending updated server details - German Normal Long Waves 0 | 6
STEAMAUTH : Connected to Steam Servers
STEAMAUTH : VAC Security Enabled
STEAMSTATS: Stats Are Now Enabled
Adding master server 68.142.72.250:27011
Adding master server 72.165.61.189:27011

Upvote 0
Everything looks fine in that log Static. I'm not sure what could be blocking it if you have all those ports open. Well, make sure you still have ServerBehindNAT set to true in your KillingFloor INI.

Also, do you have a Software Firewall running as well? Hell, it could even be an anti-virus blocking the executable from accepting inbound connections/queries.

Upvote 0
since when an antivirus can block connections?

Thx mr. wise guy!
Smart troll flames are a big help, im pretty enlightened now!
Stop this and just post constructive stuff, i want to solve the problem not to increase my postcounter in this forum or to see this thread drowning in a mudbath.

Everything looks fine in that log Static. I'm not sure what could be blocking it if you have all those ports open. Well, make sure you still have ServerBehindNAT set to true in your KillingFloor INI.

Also, do you have a Software Firewall running as well? Hell, it could even be an anti-virus blocking the executable from accepting inbound connections/queries.

ServerBehindNAT is set to true and my .ini configuration is linked in my first post in this thread if u want to take a look Guv'na ;)

Deactivating my Anti-Virus software was one of my first attemps to fix the problem but it didnt changed anything, my Windows-Firewall is offline anyway cause it sucks hard^^.
Other software-firewalls are not installed cause my router can handle it nicely...

Perhaps we can contain the problem by checkin in wich countries and with wich providers the problem occurs...

Im from Germany, supplied by a provider named "Arcor" so if anyone else has the same problem using the same provider please mention it.
In reverse it would be nice if someone who CAN host properly using "Arcor" just writes a small post!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I now have at least 2 confirmed cases where the windows server needs to be running for 5 - 10 minutes before it starts showing up on any lists (the other case being myself). Just had another case where all the port forwards were correct, all the firewalls were disable and the server didnt work after it was started. I added the IP to my fav list and could only see "Unknown server" and ping was N/A. But THEN after the server had been running for about 5 minutes or so suddenly it started working! Nothing was changed and the only thing was that the server was kept online.

Also.. I have been running my windows server for many hours now and I still cant see it on the "Internet Games" list, only on LAN, but people still can and do join my server.

Upvote 0
Thx mr. wise guy!
Smart troll flames are a big help, im pretty enlightened now!
Stop this and just post constructive stuff, i want to solve the problem not to increase my postcounter in this forum or to see this thread drowning in a mudbath.

Actually its constructive.
Either if like i assume antivirus cant block anything related to connection so you can eliminate it from your suspects list
Either somehow some antiviruses got a kind of firewall function and then you may check your antivir settings.
If your so smart why dont you fix your issue alone?

Not to mention you registered to this forum only to get helped so better be less rude with the ppl who registered "also" to provide help.
In your case I got my idea but as a wise GSP I would be supposed to share my knowledge with my customers only lets be wise this time.

And as a wise man you must have already searched the forums, tried everything and finally contacted arcor support.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Actually its constructive.
Either if like i assume antivirus cant block anything related to connection so you can eliminate it from your suspects list
Either somehow some antiviruses got a kind of firewall function and then you may check your antivir settings.
um, sure just wanted to help... i apologize for interpreting a one sentence smartypants post as a one sentence smartypants post, but whatever...

If your so smart why dont you fix your issue alone?

Not to mention you registered to this forum only to get helped so better be less rude with the ppl who registered "also" to provide help.
In your case I got my idea but as a wise GSP I would be supposed to share my knowledge with my customers only lets be wise this time.
*dodging mud*

And as a wise man you must have already searched the forums, tried everything and finally contacted arcor support.

I really tried everything i found in any forum about this topic, but recently nothing helped. I spent at least 4-5 hours on searching a solution but found nothing :(
If i would be able to ask a specific question, i would have called them.
But what am i supposed to ask them? "Excuse me Mr. PhoneGuy why doesnt my killing floor server show up in the internet-server-list?"
I dont think that this is their dedicated area of expertise :/

At the moment i kept the server running for more then 4 hours and it has never shown up... so @Sekra: Thx, but my problem seems to be another one :(

Upvote 0
If your GSP didn't ensure it was up and running when you first purcahsed the server why didn't you contact them then about it?

I know when I setup an account with my GSP (www.hypernia.com) they set it up vanilla/default for me and it was visible and working as soon as they emailed me that this was setup and I was able to join and test it out.

If they didn't perhaps you better contact them and request they set this up and ensure it's working as you paid for it after all. Most GSP's offer a setup fee or will include it with the service.

Upvote 0
If your GSP didn't ensure it was up and running when you first purcahsed the server why didn't you contact them then about it?

Arcor is an ISP, not a game server hoster, so he tries to host the
server off his (additional?) home pc.

I have a strange idea, but it's worth a try as you already tried everything else:

before you start up your server go to [url]http://www.whatsmyip.org/[/URL]
that will display your external IP, after that modify the command
line of your KF server and add "?multihome=YOUR.EXTERNAL.IP.HERE",
that *might* get your server out of the LAN tab and make it visible
in the internet list.

like I said pretty strange idea, but worth a try! :D

Upvote 0
since when an antivirus can block connections?

Yeah I have to admit this one from experience with some anti virus programs will block some games!

I would bet most that are having issues here the anti virus is getting a false positive with this game probably because of all the ports that are required!

Best way to see is to disable the Anti virus and if you are sure it is blocking the game contact the anti virus vendor and tell them it blocks the game and they will release an update to fix the issue!

For instance I was using Avast and it blocked a game I was playing called Freelancer from working on line.. So I switched to another Anti virus and the game worked again on line but I had to totally un-installed Avast because it loaded something in the start up and even when I disabled the Anti virus it was still blocking it! Me and a bunch of other people had the same issue and we contacted them and they fixed it with a new release!

So I wouldn't blame a game or antivirus for everything I would assume when I buy something it works no matter what but sometimes there are issues that are beyond rational reasoning and requires some investigating...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well it seems to be a game/steam bug anyway.

I got several machines, each one got 3 or 4 servers and I noticed today that I wasnt able to add some to steam favorites by IP.
Then joined the game and I could see some of my servers but not all. An hour later I could see some other servers that werent showing before and I couldnt see some others anymore.

Thats kinda proving this is a game bug.
Not to mention that a customer complained he couldnt see his server whereas I could (refreshing server list together at same moment exactly).

Upvote 0
Just thought I'd throw this out for discussion. I moderate several game forums, and I banned someone once using an IP address. Turned out that I banned several other people who were using that same IP address, but they weren't in the same house.

As it was finally discovered, the ISP was using some sort of internal NAT, and a whole block of customers were using the same WAN IP address. This was in Europe somewhere, as I've never heard of such a thing in the US.

In any case, this would probably prevent the games from working correctly, or being listed in the browsers. I have no idea how one would go about testing that.'

EDIT: Actually, I guess you could test it by comparing the results of one of the 'whats my IP address' sites with the WAN address on your router to see if they match.

Last edited:
Upvote 0