• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crash Report (64bit Windows 7)

Moon Police

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 17, 2009
USA
I have gotten this crash a few times, usually when there are a lot of grenades and flamethrowers killing lots of enemies. I'm using 64 Bit Windows 7 RC with 4 gigs of RAM. I got this one on The Manor when a lot of enemies were coming down the Long Stairs (going underground) and we were hitting them with lots of grenades, a flamethrower and everything else. (Also it's on the highest settings and other than a few crashes runs very smooth)

Build KillingFloor_Build_[2009-02-09_10.82]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2333 MHz with 4094MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT (8585)

General protection fault!

History: SkeletalMeshGet <- USpriteEmitter::UpdateParticles <- AEmitter::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=3) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level KF-Manor <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Attachments

• KillingFloor.log
    222.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I have gotten this crash a few times, usually when there is a lot of grenades and flamethrowers killing lots of enemies. I'm using 64 Bit Windows 7 RC with 4 gigs of RAM. I got this one on The Manor when a lot of enemies where coming down the Long Stairs (going underground) and we were hitting them with lots of grenades, a flamethrower and everything else.

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2333 MHz with 4094MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT (8585)

History: SkeletalMeshGet <- USpriteEmitter::UpdateParticles <- AEmitter::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=3) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level KF-Manor <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Same problem here! Win7 x64 too...

Upvote 0
I don't mean to be an ***, but Windows 7 isn't released yet and is thus not officially supported yet..

It could be related to Windows 7 and not so much the game itself.

I didn't go on a crazy Nerd Rage Fueled Rant about how this game "iz teh suck" or "I want my money back".

A lot of people are signing up for the Windows 7 RC (and many more in the future) and I thought it might be helpful to the Tripwire team to get some data about Crashes on a Windows 7 Machine.

I'm not making demands, I'm just submitting a Crash Report.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Try on a XP (SP3) and same problem occurs,

A tip: if I change the render engine to D3DRV (not DX 9.x) the problem doesn't occur anymore. The only thing I can tell that it's some issue with DX9.

By the way: without using DX9 engine the game runs smoothly but some visual effects are gone (obviously).

Thanks for the replies.

Upvote 0
how can i change that?

A copy-paste from the Sticky post here:
"
To fix open up your killingfloor.ini file (located in steam/steamapps/common/killingfloor/system)

find

[Engine.Engine]
RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
;RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice

and change it to

[Engine.Engine]
;RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
"

The erro that occurs here ALWAYS show me something with DX9DRV.

Upvote 0
A copy-paste from the Sticky post here:
"
To fix open up your killingfloor.ini file (located in steam/steamapps/common/killingfloor/system)

find

[Engine.Engine]
RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
;RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice

and change it to

[Engine.Engine]
;RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
"

The erro that occurs here ALWAYS show me something with DX9DRV.

Hello, I am experiencing the same problem as the OP and have tried this and it hasn't stopped the crashing. I've also tried installing the Killing Floor SDK. Here's the crash report & log file:

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 3253 MHz with 4094MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1) (8171)

History: UObject::GetPathName <- UObject::GetFullName <- UObject::ConditionalDestroy <- UObject::GetPathName <- UObject::GetFullName <- DispatchDestroy <- DispatchDestroys <- UObject::purgeGarbage <- UObject::CollectGarbage <- Cleanup <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- AttemptLoadPending <- TickPending <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level KF-Offices <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

My system specs are as follows:

CPU: AMD 64 X2 @ 3100MHz with 4GB of RAM
Video Card: Geforce 9500GT

I'm really enjoying the game a lot so far but these crashes are becoming frequent enough to detract from my gaming experience.

Attachments

• KillingFloor.log
    375.7 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0