• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server doesn't show up in the list.

Apart from my .ini leaving
UplinkToGamespy=False
FirstRun=0
ShortName=KF Server

everything appears to be the same in all the important places.

However, did you take this .ini from your client folders? There's some extra info that isn't on my server .ini such as:

and some latter entries that appear to reflect client entries for resolution and keys.

Upvote 0
Apart from my .ini leaving
UplinkToGamespy=False
FirstRun=0
ShortName=KF Server

everything appears to be the same in all the important places.

However, did you take this .ini from your client folders? There's some extra info that isn't on my server .ini such as:

and some latter entries that appear to reflect client entries for resolution and keys.
yes, the ini is from my installation

Upvote 0
Not in server lobby, but still works

Not in server lobby, but still works

All weekend I've tried to find out why my server does not show up on Steams lobby. No luck, however, I discovered this: My server shows up under LAN, doesnt show under Internet. However, according to all of the people playing on my server, it does show up when they browse the list. My conclusion, just because I can't see it doesnt mean that its not there! I booted up this morning and my server has been full all day, so people are finding it...

Upvote 0
alas! alas... alas

alas! alas... alas

I to have this issue, doesn't show up in lobby nor steam servers but only in favorites... its remote and rented. I don't know if others can see my server or not, trying to find this out now. I have a theory, untested though. I suspect the loopback comment is valid, but only for certain people. So loopback is disabled... but why... perhaps the admin has ftp or other server services open preventing the loopback. If others can see his/mine but the admin can't... and he's viewing from a remote location... what could possibly be the only difference... he's got adminy stuff open.

Just a theory, will be testing eventually... let me know if you see my server
BadAssMother****a
set to play KF-State_Palace_BETA1 continuously.

Upvote 0
Bumping this for greater justice.

Every time I've made a new server, I've always had this issue, yet it always seems to correct itself. I still don't know the solution. Everything else about the server works fine. People can join it, the webadmin works, it just wont show in the server browser.

Now a bit of background, it is actually a second server configuration on a dedicated server box on my home connection. My first server configuration has no problems and shows up just fine in the server browser and lan tab for me. It shows up in internet for friends. The second server configuration is an exact copy of the original, but with changes in the INI to accombidate the port differences. The second configuration shows up in my lan, but cannot be found in the internet tab - yet there are no other problems with it (people can join and play on it given the IP).

I don't know why this has always been a problem, but it has always resolved itself on its own, though this time it seems to be rather troubling. Could anybody offer help to shine some light on this issue?

DISREGARD - I forgot the UDP port on the master server
/facepalm

Last edited:
Upvote 0