• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design sherwood-forest beta 1

Played it last night with 3 friends and I like the overall concept of the map but I've got a few suggestions/'complaints', etc.

1. The map isn't dark enough in my opinion. You can see the specimen way too easily and theres never any real sense of danger. Maybe add some dense fog as well (if possible, ofcourse)?
2. The map needs more trees and high grass, it doesn't feel like a forest at all.
3. The hills on the side of the maps make great places to snipe the specimens from but it seems like there aren't any waypoints there so they won't/can't get there unless you kite them.

The main problem I have with it is that it's just a bit too easy, we got to wave 9 on hard on our first try with lvl 1-3 perks before we decided that it would be a good idea to knife the whole wave. :p
We hardly ever get past wave 5-6 on the retail maps.

Hope that didn't seem too harsh because like I said I really like this map. :D

Upvote 0
Don't worry, I still liked the map...some possible suggestions on my side are

1.Get the bugs fixed (You said you are so thats going to be good then)
2.How hard would it be for you to make a day time version? Just personally I am sick of the stereotype that zombie game maps should be at night...its okay to play day maps! It really is.

Anyway, thanks for the map and I have it going on my server!

Upvote 0
Love this map...personally I don't think it needs any buildings because I like how no buildings=you're forced to stay outside.....

one suggestion is more camp site looking areas with a camp fire or so and sandbags you can shoot behind...we loved finding those little areas to shoot from...they would come from all around us...more trees outside of the little camp areas would also be nice....love how it makes the trader over 200m away sometimes but would like more trees to get in my way as I'm escaping death

It IS a little on the easy side but I don't know why...we obliterated everything in our path including the patriarch....treated him like no other...it was only on normal but I've never seen him die that brutal. It's almost as if he had no chance!

Upvote 0
Fun map, enjoyed the open forest feel and lack of buildings. Probably what some people would do to avoid any populated areas. Anyway, I found it a bit easy, even on the harder difficulties. Making the forest denser would be nice, possibly fog if doable.

At one point I was in the middle of the forest all alone waiting for the next wave and I heard the moans of the infected somewhere in the forest. It was really creepy until I saw them off in the distance and had ample time to pick them off before I was in any danger. I would love to see it a tad darker, some grass and maybe a dried up (or full) stream with medium to high banks running through the middle near the camp would be kinda cool. I might be alone on the stream thing though, it would add a sense of creepiness to run down one bank and up the other only to find more infected waiting for you. I also liked the more structured campsite idea, like they were expecting something to come so they fortified it a little.

Fun map I enjoyed it, I'll keep playing it for sure, at least until the next version comes out.:D

Upvote 0