• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design La Casa Muerta 2

JacksonL

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
La Casa Muerta 2

created by: JacksonL

Without further ado, I JacksonL present an upgrade to the previously made map La Casa Muerta. La Casa Muerta was my first map way back in the day, and I felt compelled to bring it's true form to the table. I have recreated everything from scratch starting fresh, and she's been long in development. Now you'll be able to go out in front of the house, explore the backyard more indepth, actually go into the house behind you if an escape route is needed, weld certain windows shut, new rooms have been installed, more movement through the map( no more getting cornered so easily, and much more etc and that sort of thing. The trader shop is in the same location, but new door has been placed(It's a pantry door, for those wondering), also you can get to the trader through a hole in the second story. Enough reading download the Beta and TEST IT,

Sincerely,
JacksonL

_Download Link_
http://files.filefront.com/KF+La+Casa+Muerta2rar/;13626888;/fileinfo.html

_Video Preview Link Below_

http://www.wickedflash.com/lacasamuerta2beta.swf

Screenshots
i know how everyone loves their screen shots
:D
The rain was not put in the map yet when I took these screens.

2ed8egz.jpg

4qclj.jpg

242scnn.jpg

30kx0u9.jpg

w8rk0p.jpg

2v3kf1d.jpg

10nc7t4.jpg

ajo784.jpg

2sb4f7p.jpg

Last edited:
It looks great, but one correction (if I may) "la casa muerta" means "the dead house" (as in the house is a living thing that died), you might want to change it to "La casa de la muerte" (the house of the death) or "La Casa Mortal" (the mortal/deadly house).

Just throwing it out there.
The map looks very nice though, great atmosphere and texture work!

Upvote 0
Nice map.

Some comments:
-next to the main entrance you can easily get on the table where zombies can't reach you. Maybe add blocking volumes?
-When going outside, everything becomes so grey/low-contrasted. Is this supposed to be like that? Or is it fog? If it's fog i think it would be better to just make outside really dark so it wouldn't lose contrast but zombies would be hard to see when outside.
-Also, there's one corridor that's kind of laggy.
-And i couldn't find any weapon spawns.

+I have one idea/suggestion:
Maybe you could add a switch that can turn off/on lights in certain rooms? Or a main power switch. Would be fun turning off the lights and everyone's like 'omfg i can't see' xD
Lol what a troll i am.

Upvote 0
Yes it's a good map, even tho this version seems to have lost alot of the last versions simplicity which, according to me, was a part of it's charms. There's some things i think you should change aswell :)

1. I think it would be better to skip alot of the karmas, the're always so damn buggy. It's in my meaning better to use just pure statics, you wouldn't wanna make the new office xD.

2. By some reason the zeds get stuck in front of the glass door in the garden. -PressMe-

3. As raj said, weaponspawns would be good.

4. The lights in two of the rooms look a bit bizarre. The flickering light seams to cover a small area on the floor. maybe you should increase the radius and decrease the brightness. -PressMe- || -PressMe-

5. The fog outside's unbearable, and gives my computer big lags xD. -PressMe-

6. As you can see on these pics. There's campspots. But still you've done a great job keeping them as few as possible: the ones im about to show you is spots that i think would only work with clots, gorfasts and stalkers, and maybe fps and scrakes aswell, but they work like:
- There isnt any paths up to the place im standing on so they will only try to jump up straight to me, so if i stand close enough to the edge they wont try because they havent got anything to jump on (something like that).
So i'd be glad to see some paths to the strange areas: -PressMe- || -PressMe-

7. Zone it more, there's alot of highpoly static meshes, especially outside which is all one zone. You should divide the houses in to maybe 5 zones each, and when in comes to the outside you should zone as good as possible, delete all the useless SMs and at last use a lot of antiwalls to keep the fps down:). When i played it i experience difficulties just being outside cause of the lag. Now when i opened it up in ued i understood. You've used A Lot of useless SMs that can only be seen from one specific view, which makes them kinda useless since they've got Alot of polys. Im talking about the house-SMs, This is one example:-PressMe-

But except from these things i generally like the map :) I still think the first casa will continue being one of the most played maps :)

Upvote 0
Thank you everyone for checking out the map appreciate your support and comments. As of now I'm planning out the next course of actions, fixing the fog up, getting rid of a lot of the SM's, as of the weapons spawns, common you KF vets, you Think I'd make it easy on you? lol if you don't want to know where the spawns are don't look below! But I can tell you there are 4 in the map if that is honestly not enough I could put one or two more in to suit everyone's fancy. I didn't realize they would be that hard to find :D.

33mxtn6.jpg

33vno8n.jpg

10n7pyv.jpg

There's a bullpup in there kinda hard to see considering it's green!
dm6zcy.jpg

Upvote 0