• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ammo Costs and Gun Costs

I noticed recently that crossbow ammo is absurdly expensive (15 each). The crossbow hold 40 shots, so it costs 600 to reload it completely... but the crossbow only costs 400! And it sells for 300!...

I can refill my empty crossbow for 100 just by selling it and rebuying, it comes full with 40 bolts, and you save BIG TIME compared to just buying the ammo.

I haven't checked to see if other weapons are like this, but it seems a bit ridiculous to me. Of course, it does take extra time, which you might not have, but it seems like a silly thing regardless.

I recommend that the sale price of a weapon be somewhat based on the amount of ammo it has. A full crossbow should sell for almost as much as I paid for it, but an empty crossbow should sell for very little. Also, the ammo costs should be brought into line. The gun shouldn't come with ammo that is worth more than what you paid for the gun.

Another thing, you can change your perk at the shop, buy something at a discount (like body armor with the medic perk), and change your perk back. This is even more time consuming than above, but still seems rather lame. Perhaps it should be made so that you can only change your perk once between each round, or that you have to play one full round with your perk before you are eligible to receive any discounts for it.