• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unable to host (Listen/Dedicated) or join a game

eaturbrainz

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 15, 2009
I have tried hosting games on 3 different PCs on 2 different internet connections. I have forwarded every necessary port on all machines and internet connections. I have even gone so far as to put each PC in DMZmode (on both the machine hosting the game, and the machines trying to join the game [my friends are trying to join my game]), but to no avail. I don't believe the problem lies with either of our firewalls or ports.

Also, when trying to join 98% of servers in the server list, it stalls at the "connecting..." screen. Again (just for s**ts and giggles), we've tried putting our machines in DMZmode, but still the eternal "connecting..." screen. The only problem I can see with the not being able to join thing, is the host "is not set up properly", whatever the hell that means...

Any help would be appreciated.

PS: OUR PORTS ARE FORWARDED PROPERLY!

Lets just assume everyone has their port forwarded properly (there's plenty of other people wasting their time discussing the port situation). That's obviously not the only problem here. All I'm trying to do is point someone away from the port forwarding stuff, so they can actively think of what else could be going wrong.

Again, assume everyone has their ports forwarded properly.
**What ELSE could be the problem here!**

Upvote 0
Hey eaturbrainz,

From what I have seen with people who are experiencing this problem. You should be able to connect to servers via the steam browser, rather than the in game browser. I know that this is quite a pain, however it will work for the time being.

I am working on finding a resolution for this matter. When I find out the solution I will keep you posted.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0